I can't get out of full screen in box.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JParra, Jan 26, 2024.

1. JParra

JParra Registered

In the last race, while I was streaming (and in VR mode), I changed the Box monitor to full screen to present the live and chat a little with my teammates a little, but then I couldn't put it in windowed mode so I could see the "race" button and to be able to enter the track.
    I was waiting to see if it would be fixed during the change from session to classification, but it remained blocked. The bottom menu didn't appear when I put the mouse at the bottom of the screen and I don't know if there is a key combination to switch between full screen and window mode. In the end I had to restart rF2 to fix it.

Needless to say, I tried every possible camera and key combination.

How can I resolve this issue if I encounter it in the future?

Thank you

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Did your mouse cursor disappear? I think the default key is backspace.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

He said he put the mouse at the bottom of the screen. So no.

@JParra try to reproduce it, I guess you changed to a different window and the game either wasn't properly focused when you tried to interact with it, or it failed to respond correctly when re-focused.

4. Brent

Brent Registered

In Steam, Library, rFactor 2, Click Play, if it comes up with a dialog box select Launch "rFactor2 graphics configuration" and then try the borderless option.

If you don't get the dialog and it goes right into RF2, then right click rFactor2 in your Steam library list, properties, then General section, Launch options set to ask when starting game. You can turn it off later same steps if you want.

5. Brent

Brent Registered

Delete key, I accidentally hit it all the time and cursor goes away, it's a habit lol

6. JParra

JParra Registered

I'll try to reproduce it next session.
    At the end of this message I leave you a clip taken from the live stream of the moment when I realized it, although not everything appears in the clip because I spent more time trying things and when the change of session did not resolve it, I restarted rF2 (I cut this from the live stream) .

I don't think I had focus on another window or screen, because I saw the mouse pointer move.

The space key does not solve the problem, nor does backspace or control, Alt or all the combinations of these that I tried, although I cannot be sure what they were.

The camera change did not work, nor the change between free movement or not (I have experience in capturing video and images in rFactor2).

If there is only one option to exit full screen and that is to show the bottom menu by moving the cursor to the bottom, that was my problem, because when this menu did not appear, I couldn't do anything else.

If I could assign a key to change between full screen or window, it would solve the problem for me.

Although as you recommend, I will force the error in a private session without streaming to be able to calmly analyze the problem.

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx6Yhpt7tpzMyRCpdfYbSm6dy8XtVBtLeg?si=jeVX5HgXRo0AcS1A