I can´t change my online name

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Jairo Fadón, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Jairo Fadón

Jairo Fadón Registered

Hi all. Some weeks ago I had change my user name into rFactor's UI (My profile\Full Name\Save), from 'Jairo Fadon' to 'Sato', a nickname for a only one race.

After that, one or two days later, I wanted to return the user name to real name, so when I clicked to SAVE, a message appears 'ERROR UPDATING PROFILE. Please check your details and try again'.

Can anyone help me please? Thanks :)

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

You can only update your name once a week. I changed it back for you.

3. Jairo Fadón

Jairo Fadón Registered

Thank you very much!

hmm... I tried to change it several times at diferent weeks. My last try before today was more than a week before.

Anyway, I have just saw it into game. Thanks again ;)

4. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Would it be possible to do mine as well? I changed mine to something random in order to stay anonymous on a league server, but I got no warning from the game that it would be a week before it can be changed back to my real name.

EDIT: I wanted to PM you with the details because I would like to keep it anonymous, but I am unable to start a conversation with you.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I've never understood the need for Avatar names when the one your parents gave you should suffice. Granted I went for many years on Bulletin Boards(bbs) with an alias(Crewel Lye) but once I started racing I knew I had to ensure my fellow competitors knew they were fast approaching danger! :) So it's been davehenrie where-ever I go.(unless a role playing mmo that won't allow it!)

6. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Wasn't an avatar name, was a name to hide my actual name from other drivers in a league.

davehenrie likes this.
  7. termo

termo Registered

I have the same issue but it"s been like it for a month but i want to revert it to back what I set.

8. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

You can message me with the name you want it to be changed to. It has to be your real name though, that's why it was changed in the first place.