Frozen screen then return to desktop

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Abdel, Jan 4, 2024.

1. Abdel

Abdel Registered

Good morning,
    I have a problem that I can't solve despite a few attempts...
    When I shop online, my screen randomly freezes, I always hear my vehicle for 2 to 3 seconds then return to the office.
    I deleted the game then reinstalled on another hard drive (nvme)
    Reinstalling my graphics drivers with DDU.
    My hardware: I7 13700k, 32gb ddr5, rtx 2080, nvme hard drive.
    Internet connection via 2Gb fiber ethernet.
    I can sometimes play 2-3 hours without any problem and sometimes on the first run the problem appears.
    Below is my log file just after the incident.
    If anyone has an idea I'm interested, because currently I can't play anymore, too afraid that it will crash because it affects my DR and SR ;)
    Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Based on the trace it looks like the game crashed. Do you have a rFMini.dmp file in your UserData folder, with a date/time that matches the crash? That will help more.

3. Abdel

Abdel Registered

I have this file but it is not on the date of the crash, should I delete it and relaunch Rf2??

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, it's not used by the game or anything, it's just useful when the game crashes. If its time doesn't match, the game didn't actually crash.

I guess I'd next check windows Event Viewer and see if anything shows a crash in there, like graphics driver or something. Do you have any hardware monitoring, for temperature and also ram usage?

5. Abdel

Abdel Registered

My RFmin.dmp file is actually at a different time than my crashes...I use HWmonitor as hardware monitoring and I haven't seen anything abnormal, plus it only crashes on RF2, on all my other games I have no problem. Do you think the problem comes from Windows and not RF2?

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

How different is the rFMini.dmp time? If it's only some minutes (not many hours or days) it might be worth checking.

7. Abdel

Abdel Registered

Thanks for taking time to respond to me. This morning I was motivated, so I formatted the PC. Hope this solved the problem...