[REL] TinyPedal - open source overlay APP for rF2 (Radar,Pedal,FFB,Deltabest,Relative,Fuel calculator)

Discussion in 'Other' started by svictor, Mar 14, 2022.

Tags:
  1. svictor

svictor Registered

Currently it is only possible to capture overlay by using "Display Capture" option in OBS. I don't know if Twitch has similar function. (anything that captures desktop should work)

juanchioooo likes this.
  2. Capeta

Capeta Registered

I got a weird one now.
    When I click on config nothing happen.

3. Nuno Leite Castro

Nuno Leite Castro Registered

Hi,
    I'm not being able to set the P2P for Indy cars and TCC cars. Is there anything that I have to do? It's on, the dash is there, but when I click to activate it doesn't show anything. My goal is to when I activate it turns "green" for me to know that it is active, just like DRS works.

Let me know if tehre is ant solution. Thank you!

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Create a new Profile.(just copy a working one and save it under a new name.)
    Assign the P2P to a button.(This will work with both Indy & BTCC) Assign a button for how much P2P remains. Ensure you have v1134. Make sure the Message Center is on. Drive an entire lap before using either. The rules for BTCC hybrid are different than the rules for Indy P2P. You must be accelerating to enable P2P. (probably the same for the Hybrid)

5. svictor

svictor Registered

Will need more info or way to reproduce.

Which "config" or specific widget's one that does it not response, and does it happen in specific condition(session, car, track)? There are "main config window", "config button" for widget or module, "config menu" from main config window, etc.

P2P issue was answered in this post earlier:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ve-fuel-calculator.71557/page-23#post-1129332

Note, indycar(DLC) does not use the new P2P (hybrid) system, but it uses the old engine-mixture emulated P2P, which does not work with the P2P indicator (two entirely different system, and engine-mixture data is not outputted by API).

Since game API does not output P2P "activation state" value, it is not possible to 100% sync P2P state display with in-game P2P.

6. Capeta

Capeta Registered

The config window was not appearing and I was stuck on the setting launched, I had to stop TinyPedal, delete some settings and then launch it again to get the config window working.

7. svictor

svictor Registered

Thanks.

I have identified the issue. There is a missing parameter that prevent the "Config" button(tray-icon menu) from bringing up the main "config window" if it is minimized somehow, which can also happen if both "Show at startup" and "Minimize to tray" option are disabled. Next update will correctly bring up minimized "config window" when clicking on "Config" button from tray-icon menu.

Meanwhile, for last 2.5.1 version, you can still bring up main "config window" by clicking tinypedal icon on the taskbar (if both "Show at startup" and "Minimize to tray" option are disabled).

davehenrie and Capeta like this.
  8. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Thanks to you. ;)

svictor likes this.
  9. svictor

svictor Registered

v2.5.2 (2023-12-23) update
    https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/releases/tag/v2.5.2

It's been a while since last update. Here is another update with various improvements, optimization & fixes for underlying stuff. The most noticeable change is the much faster APP quit & module toggle speed, and "Restart API" will no longer cause overlay to auto-hide while driving.

And thank you all for helping with suggestions, bug fixes, new ideas and development throughout the year. Wish you all happy holidays.

Reiche, pkelly, juanchioooo and 14 others like this.
  10. Corti

Corti Registered

Thx for this, great job. Happy Christmas

svictor likes this.
  11. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Thanks once again, happy holidays to you!

EDIT: Am afraid I still have the config window not appearing.
    I have to remove completely others settings in order to be able to get it back to work.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2023
    svictor likes this.
  12. svictor

svictor Registered

Can you give more details about the "others settings" that you have removed (which maybe causing unusual problem)? or if there is a reproducible steps(or specific settings that causes this issue) so I can test this, thanks!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2023
  13. svictor

svictor Registered

v2.5.3 (2023-12-26)
    https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/releases/tag/v2.5.3

- Fixed a main APP window disappearing issue when using with multiple screens setup. Added auto position correction function to force main APP window stay on visible screen area. Thanks to @Capeta for helping with test.
    - Fixed incorrect enabled module count display on Module tab. Further improved module load/reload functions.
    - Fixed Reset dialog title text.

Reiche, juanchioooo, kados and 4 others like this.
  14. svictor

svictor Registered

v2.6.0 - Major performance & optimization update
    https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/releases/tag/v2.6.0

This is a major performance & optimization update. A significant portion of code has been rewritten to further improve modules & widgets performance. Some previously resource-heavy Widgets (notably Navigation, Trailing, Track map) now run more efficiently with 5-10 times less CPU usage. Overall performance of new version from some 40 to 60 AI cars session tests show an average of 0.5% to 2% CPU usage with all 41 widgets and 8 modules enabled (previous version was about 4%-8% CPU usage).

TJones, yashiman, Rui Santos and 12 others like this.
  15. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello. First, Happy new all to all guys passing by here :D

And to start the year, i have an issue with the saving of the Config Window position.

It looks like it can't go on my second screen properly ...
    I leave the Config WIndow on the right : BeforeQuit.png

I quit TinyPedal. At restart the Config Window goes just a bit right of my first screen : Restart.png

Not a big issue but it is a bit annoying.
    I have the very last version. Nothing in tinypedal.log.

Any idea of what is happening ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
  16. svictor

svictor Registered

Hi, it is correct. In version 2.5.3, a fix is deployed to force main window to stay on first monitor(more accurately, is the whole screen pixel area dimension that APP sees after launch), since there are some user having issues with main window disappearing due to wrong remembered position on second monitor(for example, saved X coordinate of second screen becomes negative number on next launch), see my earlier discussion with Capeta.

I believe it is possible to add additional code to fix the issue without force it on first monitor, as Qt has function to check screen number. However, the problem is that I do not have any second monitor, so it is impossible for me to know if any changes will work. If you interested and would like to help, please free feeling to check source code and testing (or open a new issue on github). Though I won't be able to help with testing due to lack of second monitor. Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2024
    DanRZ and rysim abd like this.
  17. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello, i will try to make some tests ...
    The problem is in app.py :
    Code:
        def load_window_position(self):
            """Load window position"""
            logger.info("GUI: loading last window position")
            screen_geo = self.screen().geometry()
            app_pos_x = min(
                max(cfg.application["position_x"], screen_geo.left()),
                screen_geo.right() - self.sizeHint().width())
            app_pos_y = min(
                max(cfg.application["position_y"], screen_geo.top()),
                screen_geo.bottom() - self.sizeHint().height())
            if app_pos_x + app_pos_y:
                self.move(app_pos_x, app_pos_y)
            else:
                self.save_window_position()
    It probably would be better to use winfo_screenwidth() / height()
    instead of self.screen().geometry().right() / left() / top() / bottom().
    I just need to get my PC where i have all the python and modules correctly set.

Or maybe totally remove the max with screen_geo.bottom() - self.sizeHint().height()
    and keep only the min. If config goes out screens (like when a screen is removed), user can still "move" it with a right click and get it back on screen with the "move" option.

18. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Tinypedal is freezing the delta and "re-setting" the best ever laptime...

19. svictor

svictor Registered

Thanks for the help.

The code you quote is the new implemented fix to the off screen issue. Before this implemented fix, the position is simply the raw x,y coordinates saved in JSON, but some how for some user under certain condition, it happened that this saved x,y coordinates being positioned at wrong screen position. And "winfo_screenwidth" is a func call from TK gui, which is not related to Qt gui.

You can find the old code prior to current implemented fix can be found in this commit:
    https://github.com/s-victor/TinyPedal/commit/e373575e949a5f495d20f02dd0131d1052defca6
    Note, since this issue is not happening to every one in old code (so far only Capeta has encountered it), I doubt it will be easy to test outcome unless the issue can be reproduced again. (you may want to use the above old code to test if off screen problem can be reproduced, otherwise any fix probably won't be useful)

I think the real issue is that after APP launched, under certain(unknown) condition, the APP probably acquires a different screen number, so it uses incorrect screen number reference to execute move(x,y) function, and resulted off screen problem.

So the solution probably would be to add a option to save last screen number reference in JSON, and verify screen number on next launch. If it matches, execute move func, if not, find a way to move the window to correct screen number, then execute move func. (if the 2nd screen was removed, just reset position to first monitor.) But I couldn't test the idea myself.

ps: it would be better to discuss code at github issue instead. Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2024
    DanRZ and ebeninca like this.
  20. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

svictor likes this.