Make Historic F3's Great Again!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tucker Fleming, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

Great fun with the group Saturday, I've missed the racing! I wasn't Sir Speed or anything but the cars are so f'n fun to drive!
    Had a couple laps at Silverstone '75, awesome combo! Gonna be fun again!

2. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Finally able to log in again. Sorry for the absence. As Tucker mentioned we are off to Silverstone 1975 in the F3's this week. Real fun combo this. Lots of controllable slides. One of those tracks you find yourself grinning a lot.

asdangus likes this.
  3. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Ok, missed again last week, Been somewhat busy. This week we are going back to an old favourite. 1966 Brianza in our trusty old F3's.

4. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

So this week we have a change. Bit more speed as we jump in the F2's for a spin around Bridgehampton (Autumn).

5. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

First I hope everyone had (has) a happy and safe Christmas.
    This week we are back in the F3's for a blast around Donnington National. Hope to see all you Fanatics there.

6. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Sorry for being late all. This week we are at KazanRing (there are 2 and I'm not sure which one is it. BB picked the track). If in doubt just let the server D/L for you.

7. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

This is definitely another of those tracks you don't want to leave to the last minute to learn. Quite tricky.

8. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I'd also like to thank all the members who have been donating to the costs of the server. It is very much appreciated. I believe the Fanatics is the longest continually running server in rF2 so I would really love to keep that going.

Tucker Fleming likes this.
  9. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

And this week Bryan is taking us back to an old favourite. Yep it's Mid Ohio NC and we're sticking with our trusty old F3's. Have fun.

10. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

This week we move to Bikerneiki High Speed Ring in our trusty F3's. I picked the track this week so I hope we all like it.

11. BryanBirtwell

BryanBirtwell Registered

Heya Guys,

This is really tough for me, but I think it's time for me to retire from the F3 Fanatics.
    I've never been fast, but 4.5 years ago I had most of right foot taken away from me and have to race with my
    left foot only. I have to rely on auto clutch (makes your car heavier to 'handicap' me... lol! double the trouble
    I'm not complaining... If I listened to the surgeons I'd have no legs at all. Another story.
    So, although I will be missing all you guys, I think I need to find some slower guys running slower cars on easier tracks.

And, Paul is correct. This is the longest lasting, active, server since rFactor2 came out. That was according to iSi, back in the day.
    I'll talk to Paul and see if he would like to keep this going.

Meanwhile, I'd like to thank all of you for the last 11/12 years of fun!

If it's still up, you'll probable see me from time to time, but I no longer have fun here.

Bryan

Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
  12. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Sadly I have watched the fun go at of it for you Bryan. I remember the blast we would have practising together, evenly matched and staying on for long spells. Hat's off for sticking it out so long my friend. You certainly tried to make it work.
    It would be great (I know it's been mentioned in the past) to have a league for those with physical limitations. I have met a number of people over the years with physical issues so maybe one day.
    I would certainly hope to keep F3-Fanatics running for a while longer. I am presently hunting for another server provider as we don't know what the future holds for our current one. I am also hoping to chat with a few of the members about any ideas for the future. As long as it's historics I'm open to all suggestions. More on that later.
    Many, many thanks for all the hard work and hard earned cash that's gone into keeping this alive for 12yrs Bryan. Hope you find some racing that brings back the joy.
    See ya on TS soon.
    Paul

13. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

So this week we will run around Castle Combe Classic in the F3's.

14. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

At this time there is no live page running. Will add soon.

15. jimagn

jimagn Registered

I'm floored, Bryan. So sorry to hear your decision; and I can fully support you in it, not that I have an inkling of what you go through every day. I've always enjoyed your company online; and F3Fanatics are just about the best thing to happen to online racing, no matter which sim. Your vision and values are impeccable. Paul has been your perfect foil and clearly shares your vision. I have always wished I could participate more often. Please don't be a stranger Bryan.

Connor, mel1c and nonamenow like this.
  16. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Ok, everything is now sorted with the server. Back on the original server with Live page running.

jimagn likes this.
  17. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

I so glad I bumped this thread before I left.
    I knew something was up as your Steam hours dwindled, I should have asked.
    I don't know what to say BB.
    Not my best self these days just know I feel you.
    Racing with you and the guys back when I will always cherish, best of times.
    I been long gone, Wombat can't even manage a good burnout these days.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Connor likes this.
  18. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Will have a chat after the race tomorrow about some ideas guys.

19. jimagn

jimagn Registered

I won't be able to make it. Check in with you later.

nonamenow likes this.
  20. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

That was some close, intense racing. This week we head to Gnoo Blas in our trusty F3. Server will be up soon.