Please, fix the authentication when using Steam Offline.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by PedroJ, Nov 23, 2023.

1. PedroJ

PedroJ Registered

The problem is the following:
    with steam offline, the menu continues to attempt to authenticate itself online.
    It's a problem, because every time you change the menu, you try to authenticate again, and it takes time (almost 1 minute) every time you try to authenticate.
    Ex: you are in practice, and you click ESC to return to the pits (menu), you wait again for authentication. If you now want to go to the settings menu, try to authenticate again, and we spend our lives doing this, which is annoying enough, at the beginning I would lose my patience and alt-f4 the game, because I still hadn't understood what was causing the problem. delay.

I play offline, because I share the account(Steam) with my son. And because my interest is just to race, when I want and on the track I want, with the car I want.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That does sound like a useful feature, something like during the new player creation they ask if you want the game to Authenticate your ID each time or not.
    But a simpler method for you, rather than waiting for DEVS to decide if that feature is useful, would be to just create a 2nd Steam account.

3. Bernat

Bernat Registered

The game should be able to request Steam for the online status and do it automatically.

4. herwandiigarashi

herwandiigarashi Registered

I also experiencing this problem. As a offline player this is totally annoying. Hope they fix it.

5. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

Same for me. VERY aggravating. Please s-397, please fix this.

6. PedroJ

PedroJ Registered

the way i fixed it, was revert to the last stable build. I think i don´t loose to much, the way AI behaves.

herwandiigarashi likes this.
  7. herwandiigarashi

herwandiigarashi Registered

Good for you buddies. But i think i"ll wait a little longer for a new update maybe. If the problem persists, then i"ll revert to the old build. Cheers