Track AIWs

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by t0p5ecret, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

ok, just had a look at 0.7d. Tried it with Tatuus F3 and Formula Isi.
    Two problems:
    - AI is running sometimes over the sausage curbs at first chicane when going two-wide. Corridors are, as far as i see, set as good as possible to keep the AI away from the sausage curbs, but sometimes they decide to hit them still. Should be not that big problem as the race mostly continues.

- biggest problem is the AI bumping other cars because of ignoring/not seeing them. So you have mostly one car that hit another car with high speed from behind instead of braking or reacting to it. Other cars behind also ram into the accident. This issue came with v1133 and is not fixed till now. You could see this issue in lap 1 also on other tracks with a full throttle part and then a hard braking zone like Monza, Avus or Indianapolis GP.

So i fear there is nothing i could do. Recommendation is as said above to use v1132 as long it is possible. v1132 has an AI that is able to react.

Petethepawn likes this.
  2. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Ok thanks for taking a look, will stick to 1132 for that track. Hopefully @Andrea1968 will make a short version of his excellent long track.

3. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

@Manfredk2 - so nothing can be done to stop the AI from hitting this barrier? Is it possible to move the corridor over more? Pretty much every AI car crashes here, nothing to do with two cars attempting to go 2 wide - they crash pretty much on this corner single file every lap. The green barrier (highlighted) is the issue - not the sausage curb/s.
    Fvr 2023 mod is what I’m using

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
  4. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

I found that as well yesterday when doing a few laps to coincide with the Supercars event on the weekend. And yes that tyre barrier seems to be the only thing making the track not useable (well at least with AI)

5. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

ok, it was not aware that the green tire stacks are the problem. There are some corridors which are bad. Adjusted them, also the collision corridors. Hope this is doing the trick. Will release a patch later.

@buzz hornet Have you seen my post? https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/fvr-supercars-australia-2023-mod.74864/#post-1134338

Petethepawn and Corti like this.
  6. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Awesome thanks, it is probably dependent on cars I’m guessing but in the fvr Supercars it’s literally every ai that hits that tyre barrier. I look forward to the patch.

7. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

H
    Hi @Manfredk2 I only posted, not one of guys that built the mod. I’ll refer this to either @FlashQld or @Feralarri whom will be able to assist.

Manfredk2 likes this.
  8. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

ok, my first try was a fail. Seems the V8 SC dont follow exactly the fastest line as they cut the chicane, driving a bit left of the fastest line and therefore ramming the tires. The GT3 for example do not, they work as expected.

So i moved the fastest line a bit more to the right and tried to smooth the now present kinks as good as possible. Give it a try: https://mega.nz/file/mg03XKBZ#R6LFLOShoxpUHubwa264yihtGzKaDYdelW77qQhFubc - its a complete new version, not only a patch (was to stupid to create one). Havent tested it with cars that worked before

Petethepawn likes this.
  9. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Thanks does this mean this replaces the b, c and d versions - so this link is the new overall link with all changes?

10. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

yes

Petethepawn likes this.
  11. vava74

vava74 Registered

Release Candidate (ie. build 1134 should be OK too, although I haven't tried it myself).

12. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Perfection - works like a dream. Thanks @Manfredk2

Manfredk2 likes this.
  13. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

No, it doesn't. AI still crashes in the back of other Cars without braking.

mesfigas and vava74 like this.
  14. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Your update also seemed to fix the slow motion in reply mode or in normal camera view. Now when you view other cars it’s normal speed in both modes - don’t know if it was intentional or not but it’s miles better - many many thanks.

Manfredk2 likes this.
  15. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

this would be some sort of collateral damage in a positive way :)

buzz hornet and Petethepawn like this.
  16. vava74

vava74 Registered

maybe share this info with @Coutie ?

buzz hornet likes this.
  17. Simonk

Simonk Registered

hey there Mandred. Could you please point me to the AIW update for Andrea’s Gold Coast? I couldn’t see it on the the first page. I had a good version that I created but it was no good once 1133 came along. I’ve had another crack at it and it’s better but still not perfect.

18. Joseph Burton-Harris

Joseph Burton-Harris Registered

Has anyone got a link to a Macau AIW fix? The mega link is down

19. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

@ Manfredk2
    could you please update the links to your track AIW? All your links IN MGA are down.

Thank you!

20. atomed

atomed Member

Manfred is taking a hiatus from simracing and modding and deleted his account.

haunetal1990 and Vanisch like this.