RaceControl complaint

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cesar Serrador Cuevas, Nov 10, 2023.

1. Cesar Serrador Cuevas

Cesar Serrador Cuevas Registered

I am tired that because I'm not fast, but clean, I'm always in the last split, and there are a lot of races with almost no people when in the event there are 80, or 90, or 100 drivers.
    I have spent 150 euros in this game, and I'm sure people that have spent a lot less have decent races only for being fast.
    I want the last split ALWAYS to be at least 10 drivers. Not 5 and at the start of the race only 4.
    Other reason to have a low DR is there are a lot, a lot of times that other drivers lost his car, or hit me directly and my race is DNF.
    A LOT.
    I'm GOLD III, so I'm not a hitter.
    I suppose it's pretty fair my request.
    It's not cool at all to be waiting an hour for a race and in the end you have to race against 3 other drivers with what that entails. Not having the option to win DR or SR. Imagine this several times.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2023
  2. Cesar Serrador Cuevas

3. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

In Discord one of the team said they’re changing the split algorithm to spread the numbers more evenly. Remember, it’s still beta.

4. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

I have had same experience, where it got divided with 20+ for one split and 5 for the second split. It would make more sense to split it more even. Great to hear they will look into this.

Cesar Serrador Cuevas likes this.
  5. Julianbruyns

Julianbruyns Registered

I agree, had a race last night with 6 ppl on the grid.

6. Comante

Comante Registered

Do this happen in late hours events? Or always ? Because I don't know how many people register for a race and then don't show up. Because one thing is to see 100 people registered for an event, but the actual number of people showing up I don't know if it's exposed.

Another question: with "slow" how much slow we are talking?.

I'm usually 2 second slower of event record setter (maybe 1.5 if the track is short/few turns) and my splits are always full.
    I suppose if you are 5 or more seconds late, the system as it is make a sort of apartheid on your DR.

I agree that "almost empty" servers should be emptied and driver spread even in tiers they do not belong.

Emery and Cesar Serrador Cuevas like this.
  7. Cesar Serrador Cuevas

I play with gamepad, and I'm not good doing setups, but when a blue flag is showed to me I let overtake me easy.
    If the event split is 20, and there are 102 drivers, they are going to place the last 5 drivers in the last split.
    Once you drop to Bronze II you always are going to race with a lot less people.
    I understand that, but at least let the last split to be 10/12 drivers. The rest of splits are going to be 18, 20 or 22 even doing that.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2023
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think you might be overcomplicating it. I doubt the actual DR / timegap is used to group people together. They're just sorted by that, and then lumped into groups.

Known issues:

View attachment upload_2023-11-10_21-37-34.png

View attachment upload_2023-11-10_21-38-10.png

(as Seven Smiles already mentioned)

9. Bernat

Bernat Registered

You're playing a beta. They're changing the algorithm for the next update. If this upsets you very much you could opt-out the beta and wait for the official release.

10. Cesar Serrador Cuevas

This is sapping my morale.
    I just entered the game and found this.
    [​IMG]
    Yesterday I entered a race and they placed me in the last section.
    Ok, there were 5 of us.
    I enter and there are 4 of us. I tell myself, wait until qualifying to see if the fifth driver enters.
    I do the practice, the classification arrives, and I see that we are still 4.
    I quit because I don't want to race 20 minutes to have no chance of winning either DR or SR.
    But they penalize me and the other one because we got out in the classification.

11. Cesar Serrador Cuevas

Ok. Thanks.
    Then I SHUT UP if i upset you.
    I spent a lot of money for playing in RaceControl but you get upset because I say there are issues.

12. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Not me, you're very upset because you entered a beta and it doesn't work as well as you would like. Since it's already known and it's being fixed you can just wait for the fix, or wait for the final release in case you don't want to be a beta tester. You spend your money on what you want and you get what there is. I don't understand why do you brag so much about it. You should have probably waited until at least it was officially released. But it seems waiting isn't for you.

13. Comante

Comante Registered

I understand your frustration, been there, but NOT done that. Once I commit to a online event, even if we are just 2, I make it to the end. I've spent good time online even like that, it may turn in a occasion to learn, have fun with the other player, try to learn overtakes or other things, and who knows, maybe make friends..

Emery and Cesar Serrador Cuevas like this.
  14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's not hard to be polite guys.

Of course it'll be frustrating to have the online system taking off, so many people talking it up, and you literally can't progress because there's not enough people in your split for the system to recognise the result.

But, @Cesar Serrador Cuevas this won't change until they update the system. So right now you won't get a more satisfying result if you keep doing the same thing. In your position I would either do some normal online racing (league, open server) or lap in single player, and work on improving speed and consistency to be more competitive.

Don't let car setups trick you - most time can be found with your driving. Controller setup can be a factor too, it might be worthwhile finding some people who also use controllers and check what settings they use, as rF2 has a number of options for that.

15. Comante

Comante Registered

What Lazza said, the only setup option you should investigate deeply is brake power and brake balance. This is the most important thing ever. the step to set this: find the MINIMUM braking power that allow you to still lock tires if needed but only at the extreme of your controller input (because I hope your brake is analogic right?). Then once you have the most range possible at your disposition, you need to find the right brake balance: move forward to induce entry understeer, move backward to induce braking oversteer, depending the car, the track, the driving style you may want to float around neutrality, with few clicks in a direction or the other depending circumstances.

16. Cesar Serrador Cuevas

FIXED.
    More than 10 drivers in the last split.
    Thanks