Brake by Wire - still not implemented?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by MileSeven, Sep 28, 2023.

1. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Am I correct in thinking that BBW is still not usable? I keep getting errors in Devmode whenever I try it.

...also, any throttle input deactivates regen on my car - so any blipping etc. on downchanges kills regen for instance and can be quite destabilising (regen torque blipping in and out)... Any way to fix this without BBW?

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

It was included with the 2023 Formula E. But, I don't know if it's in the physics spreadsheet.

MileSeven likes this.
  3. Robin Pansar

Robin Pansar Member

It's implemented, but to my knowledge, you can't yet deactivate ActivationPropulsionThrottleThreshold - which means you will just constantly deploy. Works if the car is electric, but with a hybrid you want to be able to choose your deployment points.

I was giving some feedback to a dev a few months ago when the BBW didn't work at all. He managed to make it work, but I forgot to mention the auto deploy. Now LMU development has been a focus point since, so guessing we just have to wait a bit more to get some more alternatives.

Lazza likes this.
  4. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Ah! That makes sense now…

While I was testing yesterday, I did notice that deployment was automatic (I.e. whenever you accelerate) and that this went away when I turned BBW off - but just assumed it was some un-documented/unintended interaction or dependency I had unwittingly created.

Thanks for the updates and clarifications… Just need a fix now ;-P

5. Javibeza

Javibeza Registered

@MileSeven @Robin Pansar

I managed to deactivate ActivationPropulsionThrottleThreshold by setting a value higher than 1, wich means it would need more than 100% acceleration pedal to automatically activate. So you can have BBW working on braking and deployment not activating until you push P2P.

BUT.. It's still bugged :(
    With BBW activated, deployment turns off on every gear shift while P2P is still activated.

6. Robin Pansar

Robin Pansar Member

Yes, I had tried this already with a value over 1 and -1. Didn't work properly. We just have to wait for a fix in the game code.

7. rigodon

rigodon Registered

Tested in 1134 and it doesn't work. Looks like pressing P2P doesn't even deploy electric power.

8. Javibeza

Javibeza Registered

Hi guys, any chance this will be fixed sometime soon?
    We are struggling to develop next season hybrid car and keep it stable under braking regeneration, so it would be nice to have this bbw system working correctly...

9. Robin Pansar

Robin Pansar Member

Won't be fixed soon. LMU is top priority.