Racecontrol deleting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skyshine, Oct 24, 2023.

1. Skyshine

Skyshine Registered

Hi,

how can i complete delete my Racecontrol Account in RF2 ?

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

How do I Delete my account? – As detailed in the privacy policy when you sign up for an account you can do this through a request here."

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

@Coutie Does the Race Control system track user's unique ID? I wonder if a driver has a bad race or intentionally causes mayhem, does the system prevent them from removing their name and then starting a new career with some alternate name?

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

It uses your steamid, the 17 digit one.

5. Skyshine

Skyshine Registered

@Coutie thank you
    @davehenrie
    That is not my intention. If I wanted, I could also log in using my wife's computer with a different account and ID.

I´am decided to Quit with Sim Racing Online Systems because all of the same Problems.

Pushed off the track, driving backwards onto the track with absolut no care. Drive into the vehicle in front without braking and much more.I don't blame this people. You can't know any better because what do you want to learn if you just throw beginners into a race with others.

Racing requires basic knowledge even as a beginner. Learning a Track from slow to fast. Don't cross the racing line. Hold the brakes offtrack and find your pace and fight for the Position that is possible for you, this and much more. This is the reason why a license is required in real life.

The sim doesn't matter, everyone has the same problem. I'm also not a fan of the Elo system, no matter how you do it. Because it reflects less of what you do on the track. And that's the reason why I only want to compete in private league Racing in the future. At my age, I just don't have the nerve for it anymore.

No hate, just saying it. It is not my intention to hurt anyone

Stephan

Fern Lop and PedroJ like this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You can quit without deleting your account. Just don't go in there.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I didn't want to single you out Stephan, your post just became the seed for my comment. I haven't raced online much in the past decade, but I do remember half the field rage quitting whenever the slightest bump occurred among the front runners. So ANY rating system seems like an improvement. I would hope the eventual filtering of inconsiderate drivers would improve the conditions you noted.

8. Comante

Comante Registered

Being openly in love with this iteration of the CS all I can say is: once you achieve some "level" even in bronze league (beginner) you will be matched with proficient and fast people. So far I've made 7/8 races, starting from scratch and never experienced malevolent behaviour.

oikworld likes this.
  9. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

I guess you can always ask them to delete your account and forget about you (as required by law) and then later register again.

10. Adolfo Bisi

Adolfo Bisi Registered

@Skyshine
    Believe me, I know the feeling.
    Just try to do some races without any contact, not worring about your place, until you get silver, and go race on the intermediary events. It's a whole different experience.
    I would also recommend LFM, where report works and penalties do change race outcomes, but its a desert in there right now.

11. Fern Lop

Fern Lop Registered

Yeah, I fully understand you. Sometimes it's a juggle on track. Later in the night it's more decent. I wish s397 could implement penalties during the races and remove racer if it persists on that behaviour. I say: if racer has a REAL penalty it should served while race is underway. That should cool off the racer :)) . If he not served by his own will he should be removed from the race imediately. Another idea: Career mode should be the first stage: could not progress without complete it! Hope s397 think about all the reported problems...or rfactor 2 will be an arcade kind game. Rfactor 2 is not a game. It's a sim racing simulator.... I'm a long time rfactor 2 user and i would be very sad if rfactor 2 become an online gaming mess. Thank you

oikworld likes this.
  12. Comante

Comante Registered

I think the problem with some players are because CS is a novelty and attracted some interest. After a while people more interested in bullying other than in arF2 will lose interest and go elsewhere.
    But I agree that serving penalties during the event and eventually DQ drivers that do not complain should be tried. But beware this could trigger worse behaviour in people that know they will be penalised.