Make Historic F3's Great Again!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tucker Fleming, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Jubes

Jubes Registered

Which track is this weekend??

2. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

3. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Servers are down for updates. back soon.

**EDIT**
    Back up and ready for business. Official practice in just over 3hrs.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
  4. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Stupid mistake and then lost concentration so limped home at Suzuka. One of those best forgotten. lol
    So this week we are off to Circuit Dijon - Prenois (Petite Combe). 1st time at this layout in these for me.

5. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

BB certainly knows how to pick tracks. Another great combo for yesterday's race.
    This week we are at Mugello. You will have to get it from the server as it's not in the workshop and I have no idea where he dug it up from. :eek::D

6. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Had a horror at Manfeild. Locked up and clipped cookie (I think) which I humbly apologise for. Thankfully he recovered. Managed to battle back for the final podium but one I'd rather forget.
    This week we are at Portland Sprint Course. See ya there.

7. Fantomaz

Fantomaz Registered

Hi guys, this might be a bit out of topic.
    I am looking for modders that could help me build an approximation of the 1967 lotus 51 formula Ford in my profile picture.
    The chassis is very similar to the Eve F3 but it has the less revvy Ford kent crossflow 1600 engine and the "modern" grippier tires feel different: Avon ACB9 5.0/22.0-13 in the front and Avon ACB9 6.5/23.0-13 in the back.
    There are a couple of mods in AC but they dont feel as good as your revised Eve F3.
    There are still an awful lot of these cars being raced today, I think this could be of interest to a lot of people.
    Any ideas who might have the ressources to pull this off?
    Thanks in advance!

PS: looks dont matter, I am mostly looking for physics.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
    jimagn likes this.
  8. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Yeah, sry. I don't know anyone in the modding scene anymore.

9. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Well that was one intense battle for a large part of the race today.Shame Mel went off as we were all very close on pace. Supa and I were doing qually laps for a good half of the race with only 0.8s gap at any time. Didn't catch what happened but once I saw I was clear I very quickly cut the times back to something more sane. The server is set for Barcelona 2023 at the moment but that may change.

10. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Ok,as I can now run LuisB's tracks we are sticking with Barcelona.

11. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Well it looks like simracing is over for a while. Computer mobo is dying and playing funny games with sata. Drives disappearing and re-appearing at random times. Was hoping it would last a bit longer but alas it is not to be. It'll be a slowish rebuild.

12. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Sorry to hear, Paul. Looks like your specs are due for an upgrade anyway.

13. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

As you gathered I got it going again. No idea how long it will last. Yes Jim, long overdue. I'm about 3 months off financially though. :(

14. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Hard fight with cookie this week. He made less mistakes and was a touch quicker so deserved the win. This week we are at Hampton Downs National.

15. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Well that was a combo that suited my driving perfectly. Going to have to slip BB some sort of payment if he keeps this up. :p
    This week we are honoring a request from one of our loyal members. He has asked a few times if we could try Chief Wiggum's F1 70's Style mod so here it is. Whole heap of cars to choose from over a number of years. You can even build a "kit car":D. From memory none of the bolt on bits affect the physics. I believe they are purely cosmetic. So Longford is the track of choice. Let's have a bit of fun. I've taken out the 67 BRM, and it's a pretty easy drive and hopefully everyone can find a car to suit.

16. asdangus

asdangus Registered

IMO just terrible, terrible physics.
    but useful to get exposed to in that one should then value quality content much more than before.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
  17. Jubes

Jubes Registered

I love these 70's cars. But I can't raise my seat enough to see over the cockpit. Anyone else have this problem?

18. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Ok it looks like the same cars this week at Sydney Motorsport Park. (Gardner Circuit) Don't really like the cars so I'm prob giving this one a miss.

19. BryanBirtwell

BryanBirtwell Registered

Hey, sorry you don't like the cars. Saturday/Sunday will be past us, soon enough, and we'll be back in the venerable, "Historic F3s".
    The reason for my post is that last weekend, those living in the Northern Hemisphere, set their clocks back by one hour... Those of you living in the Southern Hemisphere set yours ahead by one hour... I did not. So... If you live in the Northern Hemisphere, everything will be starting an hour earlier. Yay! If you live in the Southern Hemisphere, everything will be starting an hour later. Yay!

See ya's on the track!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2023
    asdangus and Emery like this.
  20. BryanBirtwell

BryanBirtwell Registered

Well... Shame on me! I say SHAME!
    We're back to running the F3s! YAY!
    The track for this week is 1987 Bathhurst.
    Hope to see you guys on the track, for the race coming up, this weekend!
    Practice starts at 3PM Phoenix time, which is the same as Pacific time, November 18TH.
    A fun track with these cars! One too many chicanes, but whadda ya gonna do?
    Bryan

asdangus likes this.