Mirrors have gone bonkers in S397 Tatuus FT-50

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by jamesleegte, Mar 26, 2022.

1. jamesleegte

jamesleegte Registered

I play in VR and I changed the angles and positioning of my car mirrors in the FT-50 and now the mirrors are constantly flickering, jumping between different angles and positions and they look more like a broken old school tv. If I put the in car mirrors in static mode they still flicker and change position of the static frame. The virtual mirrors have not been affected.
    I’ve tried unsubscribing and re subscribing in the steam workshop and no joy.
    I’m guessing I need to delete a folder and then verify files?
    If anyone knows which folder the settings sit in for mirrors, I’m hoping I can simply delete that folder and it will fix it,
    Any help greatly appreciated because I can’t drive this car anymore because the mirrors are so distracting and off putting whilst trying to drive.
    Many thanks
    James

2. redapg

redapg Registered

@jamesleegte You can try it with renaming (to keep it as a Backup) the File all_vehicles.ini, that is stored in the Folder
    ..\rFactor 2\UserData\player
    and contains the Mirror Settings.

3. jamesleegte

jamesleegte Registered

Thank you for this.
    I did have a look in this folder and found each livery of the FT-50 had the exact same values for each element of seat and mirror.
    I couldn’t suss which elements to change. Then from reading that I remembered RF2 settings are per livery and not per mod, so my favourite livery car has messed up mirrors but the other liveries have normal mirrors.
    I can’t suss out which car ID belongs to the black car and as above all the values for each livery are identical and I can’t work out what to fiddle with and change.

4. redapg

redapg Registered

If you shut down the Game and rename the File, as suggested and then start it again, a new ini File gets generated.
    In that Way, you can check if that solves the Problem.

5. jamesleegte

jamesleegte Registered

Ahh I see, nice one thank you I’ll give that a go.
    Thanks again

6. tappi

tappi Registered

Bump, this is still an issue.

7. richiehatchet

richiehatchet Registered