[REL] FVR Supercars Australia 2023 Mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by buzz hornet, Oct 14, 2023.

1. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

[​IMG]
    This is FVRFactor's representation of the 2023 Australian Gen 3 Supercars. These cars are a whole new build, new models and physics, as these cars are a mile away from the old Gen 2 supercars. Our Camaro build was in February 2021 with some prelim work starting in Oct 2020. From this timeline you can see this has taken a huge amount of time and effort from Flash(Jeremy) and Feralarri(Gavin) to get this mod to fruition. Fresh Scratch built 3D car models from Flash, with some fantastic interior modelling has seen a whole brand new experience brought to you to enjoy racing in rFactor 2. As many of you know this has taken over 12 months to get it this far. (We anticipate over 1000hrs from both of us to get it this far).

The 2023 season has been painted faithfully as of approx Round 1 2023. It also contains the Zane Goddard Wild Card entry and the two Homologation cars from Pre Season Testing. These are seperated in the car listing so they can be chosen if you wish. AI class for main season is 'FVR_V8SC23'. To add Wild Card select also 'FVR_V8SC23WC' and if you wish to use the pre season cars tick also 'FVR_V8SC23H'. Templates will be available for you to paint your own body and window versions.

Interior wise the cars have paintable dash and advertising boards through templates for your use. Also driver suits and helmets are paintable to suit your own livery.

Tuning Menu now has limited options, with Position LEDS set permanently on and FFB set for the car. The brake bias is settable in 0.1 or 0.5 increments. There is a brand new incar dash which conatins most of the race info you would need. In addition there is three other alternate dashes to try as well. We also included two variations on camera eyepoint for driving eg. Triple Screens or Single screen(should be good for VR as well).
    FFB can be adjusted in game now for individual cars from the Gear Icon in top right hand corner, under 'Calibrate controls'.

The diff ratios and tyres are locked for the Australian tracks to mimic the real race requirements. There is a Server Edition (LE) with open diffs and tyre combinations for online racing. Please be mindful these cars run a spool diff which means a fixed axle unlike your normal cars. Therefore you can get extra wear if you are too hard on them and they can tend to try and drive around in a circle at low speed corners. You have to be smooth. They do use an S397 tyre with small grip changes however the diff will make them unlike a GT3 car. We can assure you they have been driven for hours and hours.

The new physics have been renewed from top to bottom. Engine power is down to approx just over 600HP, still at 7500rpm. We have completely reworked suspension settings as the new car has a slightly higher C of G now with the new fuel system of 133 litres. We have used a slight variation of the 2020 FVR tyre( this is the one everyone seemed to like) although 2023 uses the soft tyre for most of the tracks this year compared to the hard tyre in the previous season. We have used the new sound profiles to achieve a better sound experience, so we hope you enjoy it. However it is still currently running last years engine sounds as we have not had enough time to perfect new ones but we do hope to in the future( we have done it this way to endeavour to get it to you to use without taking more time to deliver).

There has not been a lot of AI testing done so for those people who single player race, please give constructive feedback if there is any major issues bearing in mind that sometimes it is variations in the track that causes the issue rather than AI itself.
    Any issue's painting or with the mod please drop us a comment in discord or FB and we will try to answer when we can.
    Please enjoy as we have enjoyed bringing this to you.
    Please understand that if you find a fault this is a constant Work in Progress, we are only human let us know as we may be able to update it but enjoy it for the short term. We do this for our own enjoyment and hopefully yours along the way. We aren't a big team with only two of us these days so it has been a lot of hard work for the last two years. Paypal donations are always appreciated of course - paypal.me/atFVR

You can join us on our Facebook places, FVRFactor Supercars Australia, our Discord Server or talk to us at Steam Workshop.

2023 Mod is independent of the previous mods. We built the models from scratch so they aren't perfect but modding is a hobby.

Special thanks to the following:
    Support and assistance: Feralarri - big work on this version as always. Skins and physics.
    Modelling: FlashQld and gen files.
    Talent Files: Buzzhornet1(Jason)
    Final Testing:JimmyT(James), craigbowie(Craig), Buzzhornet1(Jason)
    Encryption: Coutie
    Tyres: S397

Image Space Incorporated and S397 for taking rFactor 2 over and allowing us the opportunity to be a part of the success of this and it's predecessor rFactor 1.

This is not a patch - it is a version 23.xx short for 2023 Series. This is a new package completely. You don't need to uninstal previous versions.

SPECIAL THANKS AS ALWAYS

To our partners, kids and our cats and dogs for putting up with our hobby since we started all these mods.

This mod is not for commercial use unless prior written email consent from the authors of this mod. This mod is not public domain software and if as a Commercial Simulator you have obtained this unlawfully, talk to us, we are reasonable. This mod's use is for personal and private use only and is not to be used for profit. Please do no not pull the mod apart - if you are learning we are happy to help.
    Available on Steam Workshop:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• FVR.jpg
      File size:
      120.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2023
    Rogger, pkelly, oldman and 9 others like this.
  2. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Awesome love these mods thanks FVR

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Awesome, I've been out of the loop with RF2 modding scene so this is an excellent surprise. Many Thanks FVR :)

Bostrom likes this.
  4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Ok first impressions, as ever please take these as constructive criticisms not rants :) :
    • Mirrors are badly distorted (in VR at least); I seem to recall this was an issue with previous FVR mods, they're "squishing" the image so the cars look weird and it's very off putting/immersion breaking.
    • Sounds; Cut off isn't right from what I hear with onboard (real) sounds, as your post though hopefully new ones may improve this area. Overall they're generally more quiet than standard RF2 engine sounds so I have to turn my headphones up quite a bit, not an issue of course until I forget top turn them down for a different car :D
    • Car Models 1; Very heavy on FPS, racing in VR I'm very conscious of this and with a full GTE field with various models I get 90FPS at a simple less graphically demanding track like Philip Island, with this mod/track combo and 24 cars the FPS plummets into the 60s which makes racing choppy and it barely recovers above the 80s.
    • Car Models 2; The AI cars look like their Ride Height is 1 foot off the ground, they're very high and it looks totally wrong (I've not yet looked a my player car in swingman cam)
    • Physics; Not gonna comment on until I've had some serious running with them :)
    Many Thanks

Edit: Also have you got a link to your Discord server please? thanks

Last edited: Oct 14, 2023
    Bostrom likes this.
  5. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

6. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Hi MarcG

Sorry this is not happening for you. I have VR but I'll be honest never checked the mirrors, we will do so and patch as soon as possible if there is an issue. That would be quite off putting.
    Car models does surprise me you have an issue as I didn't notice that but will check. They do have lods and maybe further refinement is necessary. I can only test my end to what I have unfortunately. Your comments are weel recieved so will check it out and see what we can do. A big issue is the expectation of the sim and 4096x4096 graphics kills it. Not a fan.
    I can't say I have that ride height issue. but will look into it. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Bernat, atomed, MarcG and 1 other person like this.
  7. bears

bears Registered

Guys, first up thanks for the mod, i have a strange one (apologies if its been reported) the gear number is not where it should be on both cars, I suspect it might be a file name clash with another mod I have installed any help/advice would be appreciated

Attached Files:

8. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

thanks for this excellent looking and driving mod.

One thing i noticed it that when downshifting (mostly noticeable 3rd into 2nd gear) the rear wheels are blocking. So maybe some "autoblipping" is missing? Never noticed that at the earlier versions of the Supercars mod or other sequential shifted cars.

9. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Maybe it is only a optical thing. One part of the rear diffusor or underbody is disappearing already after a few meters, making the cars looking higher.

Attached Files:

10. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

Yes mate I def do not see that on my end so could be a clash with something

bears likes this.
  11. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

These cars do not run auto blipping they have to be throttle blipped manually on downshift, different to a gt3 car.

Manfredk2 and Rui Santos like this.
  12. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

V23.11 now released on Steam
    Fixed collision and damage for Camaro, Adjusted the overall sound volume, fixed Camaro inner window, removed packers and adjusted rear wing angle to match RL specs (no drop in downforce), set caster to max 17deg to match RL cars, adjusted rear suspension slightly to improve handling, fixed the tyre selection issue in LE version of Camaro Upgrades, realigned "place" position in motec and added tyre pressures, added extra travel to seat position, added Bonnet view and moved TV view to onboard section. Fixed Camaro mirrors.

Enjoy

Rogger, wowbaggr, FlatOut389 and 10 others like this.
  13. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Nice improvements

14. Cityboi

Cityboi Registered

Hello
    Is there anway to add the sandown and bathurst wildcards to the pack aswell ?

15. Mad Roy

Mad Roy Registered

Is anyone able to give me instructions on how to use the templates to change the windows, driver and dash? Eg: What is the naming convention? Where do I save the files What file type? Thanks heaps. Roy.