can i change tire grip per car

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by jonno, Oct 14, 2023.

1. jonno

jonno Registered

Hi all

i know the tire grip can be changed but i have 0 idea how to do it wounder if someone could assist me..

what i'm after is to add a small percentage to rear grip of the BTCC BMW 330e. something like a 3% increase of grip to the rear. iv googled this and got to be honest its confusing lol something about a tbc tbg file needed. i have no idea how to create one or find one infract what to do once i have one.. id really appreciate any help someone can give me or if someone is able to create me a file id be very grateful. i know i need to make a new mas for the car after and that is something i can do lol please help me out cheers

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The problem with any encrypted content (like all the official stuff) is that you can't get to the files, and you can't use upgrades to modify tyres (which are defined by .tgm files for the player physics, .tbc files for AI). So at that point to change tyre grip you'd need to substitute your own tbc and tgm, meaning the physics will completely change - and probably not for the better.

If you can find .hdv parameters that could be changed to get what you're after, you can do that with upgrades. That could be things like reducing mass and moving the centre of gravity forward, or increasing downforce. Slight adjustments to these things will impact performance and handling without breaking or changing the handling completely.

redapg and jonno like this.
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Did you try car setup in game ? :D

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

????????

5. The_Bad_Fasterd

The_Bad_Fasterd Registered

Add toe/camber:soften springs/soften arb

6. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

OP was asking to change the "core" grip of the car, that could be called maximal grip.
    Toe, camber, pressure will affect the dynamic grip but not the "core" grip which is the capacity of the tyre basically.

jonno likes this.
  7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Grip is dynamic always. The only "static" parameters are StaticBaseCoefficient, and SlidingBaseCoefficient. And it happens to be what OP wish he could modify. more info at pg9: https://www.studio-397.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/rF2_TGM_TyreTool_QuickStart_V3.pdf

I don't think the OP knows what he needs himself. And what he needs is setup knowledge. He can, as well, just increase front tires pressures quite a bit, also he might alter aerodynamics. These two changes are going to be basically first order effects in terms of grip, practically almost much like modifying some of the tire parameters in tgm.

DanRZ likes this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

question for the OP, @jonno : Are you attempting to mod the car or are just trying to balance the current rear drive BTCC cars to improve the handling while you are driving?

9. jonno

jonno Registered

well to be honest i thought with the mention of the TBC TBG and MAS files it was obvious what i was after. if i was needing setup help i'm asking in the wrong place lol. i am only after modding the core grip of the car. i am more than capable of setting up a car but imo the BTCC BMW has poor rear grip over all and was hoping i could add some core grip to it

davehenrie likes this.