Ranked Races Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Grigs, Oct 13, 2023.

1. The Grigs

The Grigs Registered

After doing many days in a row of ranked races here are the problems and highlights noticed more often:

ISSUES:
    - joining practice before the register opens often give the "timeout" server error;
    - sometimes the join practice sned me to the track/car of the previous race, instead of the sending me to the current one;
    - sometimes if show the timeout server error when joining a race im already registered and I lost the opportunity to join when the server where already running;
    - even when being better than the predicted results and making p3, p4 the bar on the left didnt seem to raise for the last 2 races, even doing no car contact or invalidared lap and also gaining some positions above the predicted.

HIGHLIGHTS during all the race sessions:
    - no lag, no stutter, no jumping cars or strange online behavior;
    - after race the rating bar of the right of the screen is working well and accounting points.

2. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

It's completely confusing and a half-baked design.

Having signed up, I go to the daily races, select the next upcoming event. There's a button on the bottom right for you to register to take part in the race. But there's also a button in the top left, that says Practice. Are there supposed to be practice servers as well as the race server? I've clicked on that button, and every time, I get a timeout error. With a rather alarming notice to possibly restart rF2. Seriously, the system is that unstable it might take down the currently running app, it can't recover? So the question is, are there practice servers and hitting the practice button, is it supposed to work without registering for the race session? If not, why have the Practice button enabled? If the practice button requires the race session to be open for registration, why is the button enabled before the race session is enabled?

This process should be detailed out in a "user guide" type document, posted to the main website. Just saying "this exists as a beta, hack away at it" isn't anywhere near enough. When need to be told how the functionality is designed to work, what features it has etc. etc.

3. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

Go to Discord.
    Check the known issues section.
    Also submit your feedback - probably will get missed here.

4. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

Yeah the Practice server issues are known.
    They have had issues with the AWS server hosting and not being able to spin enough servers up quickly enough. It's a known issue and being worked on.

Hop on over to Discord and check the known issues section. The devs are on there monitoring issues and listening to feedback. I think your feedback might get lost here.

5. The Grigs

The Grigs Registered

Ill try to find the discord server and share it there. Thanks!

6. Goanna

Goanna Registered

7. The Grigs

The Grigs Registered

8. EricW

EricW Registered

It's called a Beta release.
    So you're supposed to report eventual bugs.
    To turn it into a masterpiece.
    And the buttons do what they say.
    Register to register, without registration your not in a race split.
    The practise server error message is a bit wonky, most of the times it's just completely filled up.
    Re trying a couple of times can help.
    Maybe there will be more capacity over time.

Tbh for a first release it's actually very good and stable, and it's used by many drivers.
    didn't expect that.

r00b Driver and justposted like this.