Editing AI drivers names

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Johnny Speed, Oct 2, 2023.

1. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

I googled it and was only confused. I would like to change the name of some of the AI drivers in the Skip Barber cars. I tried doing it via the "upgrade" tab, in the showroom but just messed everything up. I ended up deleting everything and re-subscribing in the workshop. Is there a step by step guide to create a new .mas file for dummies?

I know how to use the MAS2 tool to extract the file that contains the drivers names. I can edit the names..but packaging it back up and applying it to my game is where I get VERY confused.

Please, can someone point me to a SIMPLE tutorial or video that explains the procedure for dimwits? (I don't care about if the cars work online or not, I am a offline player). It was so easy in rFactor 1...

Thanks in advance for any help you guys may be able to offer.

2. redapg

redapg Registered

You can try it with an old Tutorial from me: Download
    Extract the SkipBarber_Teams.mas File, edit all veh Files that you want to change and package a new mas File (don't overwrite the original one).
    Then follow my Tutorial.
    You can also put only the edited veh Files in the new mas File, bit you would not see the Menu Icons then.
    So it's better to package all Files into it.

Johnny Speed likes this.
  3. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

Thank you very much. Downloaded and will give it another try as soon as I can. (I really want to race against my dogs..:D) Hopefully in the next couple days. :)

redapg likes this.
  4. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

It worked! Thank you @redapg for your tutorial, it was easy to follow and worked like a charm. :)

redapg likes this.