Mouse smoothing in freelook

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adolfo Bisi, Sep 27, 2023.

1. Adolfo Bisi

Adolfo Bisi Registered

Hello.
    Do anyone have some idea on how I can add a bit of smoothing when looking around in freelook with the mouse?
    I already tried lowering the "Freelook Mouse Pitch Speed" and "Freelook Mouse Yaw Speed" in the Controller.JSON which helped a little but didn't solved my problem. When looking around using the freelook in spectator camera, the view doesen't flow smoothly when doing slow imputs.

DJCruicky likes this.
  2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Tried a joypad? That can help with the smoothness when doing pans with the analog sticks.

3. Adolfo Bisi

Adolfo Bisi Registered

Tried it briefly, but i need to disconnect all other periferals like steering wheel and pedals, because it mix the signals and the camera start moving by itself. So it was kind of a pain and I gave up.

4. Adolfo Bisi

Adolfo Bisi Registered

I was willing to try that again after you mentioned it, but i couldnt find the line to activate the joystick, you happen to know it?

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

it moves by itself because i think by default the thumbsticks won't have a deadzone. Unfortunately for anything that isn't driving controls will need json tweaking. I am sure someone with more knowledge of all those numbers in that file will be able to tell you which to change.

6. green serpent

green serpent Registered

It's pretty hard to move the mouse smoothly in freelook, but you can get some cool shots if you can manage it.
    I could be totally wrong but to the best of my knowledge if you decide to move the camera position it'll no longer track the car. I reckon there should be an option to "track car" once you have moved the camera. Maybe there is now idk but I don't think so.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Assuming you're doing shots for streaming or videos and therefore aren't driving immediately before or after, save an alternative set of controls that doesn't have your wheel and pedals assigned.