Is there an easy way with Physics Calculator spreadsheets ?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by mantasisg, Sep 2, 2023.

1. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

Thank You so much
    Out of dome for some days, but I will try it surely.
    I saw Robin Pansar just gave You some suggestion, with which I agree

2. redapg

redapg Registered

I will add such an Option, but for "Debugging", i leave it as Default as it is now, because you want to get the in the HDV used Pushrods too, when you try to find a Problem with the Suspension.
    At least i would want to have it. :)

3. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

Yes, I agree also with this:)

4. redapg

redapg Registered

@Nicola59 and @Robin Pansar The updated Script is online, please check if it's OK how i've made it or if you have more Suggestions to change something. :)

5. Robin Pansar

Robin Pansar Member

Checked it and it works as intended. Don't have any other suggestions really.
    The only thing that would improve this is to get the fully correct pushrod locations from the HDV, but that's probably a bit tricky.

6. redapg

redapg Registered

I hope to get some Clarifications for THIS.
    But even if i get them, i think it will be impossible to get the 100% exact Pushrod Positions with backwards Calculations, like it is with the Suspension Positions too, because in the Calculations, they are linked to each other

7. Robin Pansar

Robin Pansar Member

I think it's possible to accurately reverse engineer it, but that formula is just a growing tree as soon as you start to look at it. Too much time investment for not much reward.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The camber correction is what complicates it, because you have to go through all those calcs to get the outboard position relative to the spindle in vehicle coordinates. Other than that it's not too bad - but you'd still have to identify the pushrod connection type by checking the coordinates of the subbody connections (the scaling of each of those component connections can be ignored for importing). The 'arm' connection point outputs are broken - all options output the same as 'upper wishbone'. Which at first glance might be correct for the upper arm options, but not the lower arms. (has anyone made a car using any of those options? probably not...)

I'm not even bothering to try and work out what the live axle should be doing :p

9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I have been all over 50s cars whole week :D 3link in rF2 for the win ! 4link booooooo

This is amazing @redapg, thank you ! I am not experienced with spreadsheets yet, unfortunately. But front axle of my car appeared to land in nicely. The other axle was solid, and it didn't. I suppose it is whole different formulas and sequences with solid axle, or spreadsheets doesn't support live axles ? Anyway probably not many people will work on live axles, and this tool will save great amounts of time for many people.

10. redapg

redapg Registered

There is an Option for a Rear "Live Axle" in the Spreadsheet, but i haven't seen any Documentation about how to use it, yet.
    So if you want to extract the Data from a manually edited Chassis.ini with a rear Live Axle, it won't work with my Tool.

mantasisg likes this.
  11. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

Hi Chris
    Tested and it works also for me.
    Finally, a quick method to see in the spreadsheet the susp geometry from any car chassis.:)
    And, like Your other tools, very useful….I quickly saw defects or not perfect structures of the car chassis….while working in mod dev with the option to see suspension arms and push rods was a pain, because for each modification on the chassis file, then I had to come back in game mod dev, to check my modification….and this for all the suspensions.
    Thank You again Chris for this tool and thank you to Robin Pansar

Corti and redapg like this.