Lap Speed Instead Of Time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SteveMack, Aug 28, 2023.

1. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

Hi, I searched and only found one question on this without a clear answer.
    Is there a way to get lap speed instead of always a timed lap?
    Thanks
    Steve

2. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Any plugin that reads the laptime can in theory convert this into a lap speed (given the track length). I would start looking at plugins like simhub, but I am sure there are others that can do it too.

3. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

Fidgrove now enables you to create an event in its platform to aggregate your logs (essentially car-track combo + event date), and then you can download a CVS file with all lap summary data on it that has been logged with Fidgrove's DataLogger app. This table has a *lot* of data per lap (80 variables / values), from performance info to setup info. Naturally, this includes min/avg/max total speeds or per sector. In certain cases it also provides info on aux inputs such as average engine mix per lap, DRS use or P2P seconds used.

Anyway, if you want to see live data with speed info, Fidgrove's Trackside Station shows real-time data with different performance indicators, accessible through a browser. Instead of time (lap, sectors), one can choose min/avg/max speed. You can even have your teammates accessing it. Very helpful for ovals :)!

@SteveMack, if you're not aware of Fidgrove, it's a data platform I've started for rFactor 2. You can have a look on this thread to know more.

Cheers

davehenrie and Marcel Offermans like this.