Smoking rear tires Stock Cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SteveMack, Aug 20, 2023.

1. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

Hi,
    I am smoking the rear tires at Watkins Glen, I am using the short nascar track layout but either way it will still smoke them.
    I'm not talking being loose and smoking them I am talking on a Right Corner I am smoking the Left Rear and on Left Corners smoking the Right Rear.
    Not into the esses but out, out of 5 and 7 say and 1.
    I have to slow down too much not to smoke them, like a 1: 12 lap versus a 1:15.
    I have lowered the rear spring rate a few times and detached the sway bar, still happening.
    I also loosened up the front sway bar, that helped with the tightness.
    Any Idea what I can do, the set up I changed was the default setup.
    Thanks for any help.
    Steve

2. redapg

redapg Registered

Which Stock Cars do you use?
    And is it the same on other Tracks?

3. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

I use monster energy, 2018, 2019
    and others, mostly monster, I'm pretty sure all of them are doing it and on other tracks also, not sure which ones because I wasn't troubleshooting which I should have. What I don't want to do is alter anything to make it easier, I would like do it suspension wise. If you have the cars does it happen to you?, it's not only smoking but leaves a tire mark also, just like it happens in real world. I have to slow down to much for it to not happen, I just don't want to fix it because it makes the replay look bad I want to fix what's wrong with the car.
    Thanks for your help again.
    Steve

4. redapg

redapg Registered

@SteveMack Is it one of the Cars that are framed with the red Lines in the below Sreenshot?
    And do you get smoking Tires from the AI too?
    We (SMMG) also did have some Problems with smoking Tires, with a Car that has more than 1000 HP.
    So i would like to check the Car that you use and to do that, i need to know which Mod/Car it exactly is.
    Maybe it's over the Limits of the Game.

StockCar.jpg

5. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

I going to do a couple tests, but the ones you have marked will probably do it also, I'm going to check them at Watkins Glen and reply again shortly.

6. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

It's looking like it might be a horsepower issue.
    I tried the STOCKCAR first and it happened with that, then I tried
    the 2018X and I wasn't getting anything even though I was going the same speed.
    So with the 2018X with the least horsepower and the STOCKCAR 2015 with more horsepower
    showing some but not as much as the Monster Energized car which I believe is 850 or even more than that horsepower and shows the most smoke and mark that is the issue.
    Are you thinking the same thing?
    I going to also go through the set ups and compare, also the AIs are not smoking.
    Thanks
    Steve

7. redapg

redapg Registered

@SteveMack It could be a Power/Torque Problem, yes.
    Is THIS the Monster Energy Car that you use?

8. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

Yes that is it, I was just using it and funny thing is that the corner
    after the inner loop I am smoking the tires just going 100, out of the esses about
    130 I'm smokin. Maybe a weight issue or do you know something?
    Thanks
    Steve

9. redapg

redapg Registered

@SteveMack I'll check the Monster Energy Car within the next Days.
    Maybe i find something.
    But it's a big "Maybe" i fear.

10. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

Ah I have located the issue, moving weight to the rear of the car did it.
    It was also real snappy loose and moving weight to the rear helped that also and
    has taken more tightness out, it is very much different than earlier and the smoking is gone so the Weight Distibution setting was the problem, I am going to fine tune it a little more to get it just right.
    Try it if you have the mod, let me know if you have the same results, without changing the default setup it was a real challenge to drive and still is but more fun.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2023
  11. redapg

redapg Registered

@SteveMack I did install the Mod and have taken a quick Look into the Setup in the Menu.
    And there seems to be something "wrong" configured.
    I did select the Road Course Upgrades Option (default), but with that, i get asymetrical Setup Settings, like you would use for Ovals.
    The default Weight Distribution doesn't look wrong for Cars that have a Front Engine.
    If you did use the Road Course Upgrades Option too and did drive it as it is, the Car can not behave normal on a normal Road Course.
    Or did you make the Setup symmetrical, before you did drive?

12. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

I'm not at my computer as I am writing but on the monster car when I was changing the road course setup I do remember the rear spring rates being the same as well as the front rates being the same, I first tried lowering the rear spring rate and when doing so just lowering one side, both sides lowered together not allowing different rates on the rear. I am supposing the front would have done the same. I don't know why your road course setup would be different, mine was definitely even on both sides that's why I just moved the weight back and not right or left.
    I did the same thing to the 2015 stockcar also and it worked. I think the monster car is representing the 2014 nascar cars. Hope I'm making some kind of sense, but I do remember it definitely being a Road Course Setup.
    Thanks
    Steve

13. Brent

Brent Registered

This "Monsterly Energized CUP Car Mod" hasn't been updated since the end of 2017. It was getting regular updates for about a month and then the modder lost interest. I always liked the idea of the mod, being a wild HP stockcar as a challenge. I'd suggest the Stockcar 2018 and Stockcar 2018x mods. They have the latest as far as tire and chassis development thanks to Mike Schreiner and Joel Brown and their team.

14. redapg

redapg Registered

@SteveMack No Problem. If it works for you with changing the Weight Distribution and you are satisfied with the Driving Behaviour, you've found your Solution.
    But just to show, what i get in the different Setup Screens, when selecting the Road Course Upgrade, here are some Screenshots.
    And they show different Settings of left and right everywhere.
    And i wouldn't use that for Road Courses.

Unbenannt-1.jpg

Unbenannt-2.jpg

Unbenannt-3.jpg

Unbenannt-4.jpg

Unbenannt-5.jpg

15. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

Yours are different this the default I put the weight distribution back to 52 is was a -10 adjustment
    Heres the setup:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2023
  16. redapg

redapg Registered

@SteveMack We are talking past each Other.
    Let's close the Case. :)