dumb AI behaviour

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Forcer77, May 15, 2023.

1. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Even if it's not car or track specific it's good to give a track/car/settings combination where it has been tested and happens every time. That way others know what to test for.

2. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Tatuus F3 at Monza. Ai ramming Ai before the chicane and mostly lock together after the chicane.

Just tried it with v1132 and 35% aggession. No problem before and after the chicane.

ling, bears, Juergen-BY and 2 others like this.
  3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

If i'm not totally wrong, Support is aware about that Problem...

4. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Whats the difference?

sorry for the bad quality?

ling, Bernat and jim123 like this.
  5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Different rF2 Versions?

jim123 likes this.
  6. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Exactly, with v1132 the AI recognizes the obstacle, brakes and drives around it. 2nd vid is v1133. The ability to recognize obstacles seems to have gone

ling, Emery, Juergen-BY and 1 other person like this.
  7. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

8. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

9. Bernat

Bernat Registered

It's like they only see 2-3 cars forward. When you're 20th in line you have to brake even earlier than when you're 3rd. I'm very bad at calculating the right moment to start braking, is it reflexes or making an approximated guess for a new breaking point? Any tips for the AI might be good for me too. ;)

DJCruicky likes this.
  10. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

the new RC v1134 brought no improvement...Ai still bumping cars.Is there a chance that this behaviour will be fixed in a future update? @Coutie

jim123, ling and Emery like this.
  11. Franck ROSA

Franck ROSA Registered

Hello I saw in the previous discussion someone tried to install an older version of RF2 for his server.

Did you succeed to install it?
    I try to install the release-candidate but it is no work.
    You will see hereunder some try with no succeed:
    steamcmd login anonymous +force_install_dir ../rFactor2-Dedicated +app_update 400300 -beta release-candidate validate +quit

steamcmd mylogin mypassword mysteamguardcode +force_install_dir ../rFactor2-Dedicated +app_update 400300 -beta release-candidate validate +quit

steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir ../rFactor2-Dedicated +app_update 400310 +quit

with at each time the same text bellow :

Redirecting stderr to 'C:\RF2Server\steamcmd\logs\stderr.txt'
    Logging directory: 'C:\RF2Server\steamcmd/logs'
    [ 0%] Recherche de nouvelles mises à jour... in english look for update
    [----] Vérification de l'installation... in english check installation
    Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1696019544
    -- type 'quit' to exit --
    Loading Steam API...OK
    ERROR! Failed to request AppInfo update, not online or not logged in to Steam.

this text is after I tried the two first commands.

for information my server work but with the current version, and it is not possible to connect on it with the realease-candidate.
    (except if there are a solution i didn't see)

12. Franck ROSA

Franck ROSA Registered

Hello,
    I found ant it work
    steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir ../rFactor2-Dedicated +app_update 400300 -beta release-candidate validate +quit

13. MaxRF2-F1

MaxRF2-F1 Registered

Hi all, Previous version V1125 server is not working.

Me and my friend want to play an F1 mod together with AI. We got everything working, like installing the mod, setting up the server, etc. Now we are annoyed by the behavior of the AI and want to put RF2 back in a previous version, the same version when our mod was created: V1125.

It was easy to set the game itself back at the previous version.
    After that I get the game + the mod working (offline mode), but unfortunately the server does not work (the server is visible, but it says it also needs to be downgraded to V1125).

I deleted the current server from my PC and tried to install the V1125 server one with the following command:
    steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir ..//rf2server +app_update 400300 -beta v1125 +quit

Just like the other server it installed on my PC and it was possible to create new mods and start the server with a mod. In the server folder, as with my previous server, I modified the multiplayer.json and player.json files in the 'Userdata/player' folder as mentioned on this website: https://docs.studio-397.com/users-guide/setting-up-a-dedicated-server

The only thing I did differently on my previous website was to open the following ports (I also modified this in the multiplayer.json:
    HTTP Server Port":27013 & "Simulation Port":54297
    So in my router I opened these ports:
    UDP+TCP 54297
    TCP 27013
    UDP 27014
    UDP 27015
    I also tried it with the original numbers from the website above.

The most recent server worked on the most recent version of RF2, but with version v1125 I don't see the server showing up in the game with server version V1125. Anybody know what to do? I did the exact same thing as with the most recent game/server.

14. Addict

Addict Registered

I was returning to this game but it is impossible for me to compete with the AI, it seems that I am invisible , they always hit me, with official content.

Forcer77 likes this.