2023 Q3 speculation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AlexHeuskat, Jul 6, 2023.

1. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

the only one thing sure, is the new rF2 content released in 2023 is very poor, and it seems it's the end, after AI fix, it's of course speculation. But without teasing, I guess we won't have new content.

2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i feel a bit disappointed that we are still in q2

3. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I hope we will have a shadow fix, the AI was a problem, then the shadows, at Nordshleife it's not really immersive to see the shadows following you, and at Azur, the ground shadows need a fix.

4. trichens

trichens Registered

At the risk of annoying some...

Unfortunately, if you are S397 you are "caught between a rock and a hard place" with this.
    A significant minority will complain about new features and bug fixes and apparent lack of improvement and enhancements.
    So S397 went down the path of restricting these to quarterly updates.
    This gets that group off their backs.
    The problem then happens when there isn't a quarterly update.
    it's become the expected normal thing; when there isn't one the same minority aren't happy... and read all sorts of perceived problems. It becomes a Chicken Little/Henny-Penny "the sky is falling" scenario.

The software company I worked for did the same thing; the customers then start wondering where the update is when there wasn't one issued... and of course there may not be anything new or updated to warrant a new release.

5. Bernat

Bernat Registered

No one said there's no quarter release. This is next level speculation. IMO the "sky is falling" scenario hasn't anything to do with Q3. It's the preaching from some since forever. Back when there were no periodical updates, then when MSG bought S397 they caught on more, and now they're already in the "we told you so" phase because they're always trying to be one step or two ahead. They're trying to build the future with patience.

trichens and Rui Santos like this.
  6. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

Rfactor 2 is dead, I'm tired of insisting for years on a game full of bugs and stuttering. I even regret having spent so much in the hope that one day this simulator would solve the basic problems.

AKR likes this.
  7. sg333

sg333 Registered

OK thanks

nolive721 likes this.
  8. trichens

trichens Registered

Well that's quite an extreme view @Delzimar.
    I'd have to say that this a strange comment as they have been releasing some enhancements and fixes recently.

Rogger, nolive721 and Nick9320 like this.
  9. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

If the rF2 is dead then all the other sims was never alive.

Rogger, memoNo1, MikeV710 and 3 others like this.
  10. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

rFactor 2 has never been dead exept in term of commercial success, and never been less so than since the huge progress of 2022.

But as it is, a lot of things need to be improved.

If, as I fear (simple hypothesis), content drops/content updates/improvements and evolutions are greatly reduced (or almost stopped), it would be a real waste.

In fact, fingers crossed.

nolive721 likes this.
  11. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

it's time for rF3, mods, better performance, ai fix, shadow fix, ai selector, moving HUD, curb FFB setting, in fact all what rF2 can't bring.....I dont think LMU is the good future, maybe a game for a transition before rF3.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

RF2 already has mods, performance has improved, the AI has been fixed (largely), curb FFB has always been there, selecting the AI as well...:rolleyes:

After all these years Alex I think you'd know better by now than to accept that you're never going to get what you specifically want. But I fear you'll forever troll these forums with the same nonsense forever more, good luck in life ;)

Dady Cairo likes this.
  13. Comante

Comante Registered

I think he want a separate channel for FFB effect so he can reduce it. Because you know, people want 20 NM wheels, but don't want to feel the curbs when they jump over them at 200 mph.

Bernat likes this.
  14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Alex knows already there is no separate kerb effect, but no doubt it's possible (in rF2, without a need for rF3) to detect that a kerb is being hit and modify the overall FFB strength at that time. It probably wouldn't work perfectly all the time but it's maybe about as good as you can do when the kerb feedback is physics-generated (of course, never say never - you could record overall frequencies vs speed at different parts of the track and coinciding with kerb hits, and set up a filter on the FFB in future based on those).

Anyway, it hasn't happened yet in rF2 so doesn't look likely, and rF3 wouldn't make any difference.

15. sg333

sg333 Registered

Are you one of these people who rush out to buy F1 2024 because they changed the number therefore its an entirely new game?

Bernat, Rui Santos and MarcG like this.
  16. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

In fact rFactor2 has its problems, but unfortunately i can't find any other simulation that gives me the feeling/connection i have on it...

Rogger, Highlandwalker, sg333 and 3 others like this.
  17. Bernat

Bernat Registered

There's already a group of Logitech users kindly offering their wheels in exchange to solve that kind of problem. Realism isn't for everybody.

elgagon likes this.
  18. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Registered

L'ho sempre detto, viva RF2, con tutti i suoi difetti e difetti, è il miglior simulatore consumer in circolazione, e tutto quello che ha, escluso il "sistema della competizione", per me è il massimo..... ... ...

19. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

Now that we got indycar and BTCC cars in RF2 , and i don't see we getting LMU car content ending up here. i wonder what kind of car content we could get. I hope it has good power to grip ratio.

20. Alan Santo

Alan Santo Registered

Indycar tracks are all I hope and wish for given we have the car available for quite a while now. And the fact some street courses are being redesigned such as Detroit this year and Nashville next year, that would be awesome to have them. Also, Toronto which deserves a high quality version, with all due respect to existing one in workshop, it is fairly outdated in all senses now. I also would love to see a Long Beach 90's layout out there but realistically I don't see that one ever coming...