Steam Summer Sale 2023

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Goanna, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Goanna

Goanna Registered

I haven’t seen anything official about this yet, but it looks like it’s on.
    IMG_1139.jpeg IMG_1138.jpeg

Bernat likes this.
  2. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Some of the packs that contain any of the individual items that are on sale also look to be cheaper as a result. e.g. Q1 and Q3 2022 Packs, IndyCar Pack and the Legendary Track Pack.

3. TonyM

TonyM Registered

Hopefully the Endurance pack will be on sale next time….

sherpa25 likes this.
  4. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

Individual item sale is pretty bad. Just 3 cars out of 44 S397 cars and 4 tracks out of 19 S397 tracks
    The absurd 2022 complete pack.....so you either buy these 3 or 4 items (in my case i already own some of it so choices are already low) OR
    buy everything .....very poor decision.
    meanwhile ACC put everything on sale.....EVERYTHING, its like they want to attract all types of customers , pretty good strategy if u want to make money in this already niche genre.
    While also all the PAID content is all over the place feature and update wise.
    I actually wanted to make list of cars with the features they have or not , but it is so all over the place it is hard to keep track of which car is lacking what, even then whats the point ? S397 never been consistent on these type of things so i doubt my post will change anything.
    this is just facts , not trying to be disrespectful.
    • you are not putting everything you have on sale unlike your competition (who even put things that are released recently on sale too ! )
    • the paid content quality is all over the place yet still on full price while sale is ON
    Ridiculous decisions and management that for fact.

Ho3n3r, sherpa25, FAlonso and 2 others like this.
  5. RNelson

RNelson Registered

The purpose of a sale is to get people to buy something they were not going to buy otherwise. Otherwise you are just giving money away. Or you can put your main product on sale with the hope of future DLC purchases. Another reason is to increase cash in the short run. Or possibly to move inventory which doesn't apply in a software world. You don't put things on sale just because a competitor does unless you think that the customer is going to buy theirs instead of yours and I do t know how you evaluate this in race SIM software because buyers frequently own multiple products so it isn't a yours or theirs decision. The whole Steam sale concept has trained people that there are going by to be discounts in the summer and at the end of year. People take a wait and see attitude if they don't have to buy it during non sale periods. I am not convinced it is a good idea from any vendors view. But it is good for the consumer.

Rui Santos likes this.
  6. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

Just got the formula pro for cheap.

7. TonyM

TonyM Registered

That applies to many classic environments but not in the Steam environment….

In the Steam world, Marketing is all about the “High-Low” concept.

That means that after the initial introduction of the game (“High pricing”), all people will buy at Low prices (sales) while keeping the high price for the non sale period (“artificial” inflated price).

The dev. of rF2 would be better advised IMHO to apply this Marketing strategy, even if their Low price has less discount than their competitors. At least people will buy these and not feel frustrated.

The Rationale is that you can not ignore what your competitors are doing in terms of pricing and promotion. Except if you are the Market leader and sure to stay like this.

Last but not least, the pricing for the game plus all DLC of rF2 is very expensive compared to their competitors and has a lower “perceived” value for many potential consumers. Food for thoughts for the dev. of rF2 in terms of their Marketing strategy…..

Binny and Simulation_Player like this.
  8. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

can't wait for someone to bring up iracing prices and say that we should be greatful and other BS lol.
    iracing is sub model.....that alone makes it totally different product and market than rf2 and assetto corsa , so it is objectively wrong and stupid to compare iracing prices to rf2 and justifying it

Is rf2 leading sim right now ? nope , so S397 better act based on what their competitors are doing.
    true people own multiple sim and their respective DLCs etc
    BUT
    that doesn't mean majority of them are gonna buy DLCs for both sims together at the same time ! You are speaking for minority. if you ever look on comments on new content announcement there are multiple people asking for pricing or hell even asking if it is free or not.
    PEOPLE LIKE SALES , period. no shame in it , no problems at all. companies should adopt their prices etc according to it then.

S397 want to get on this sale wagon too ! and thats a FACT because otherwise there wouldn't even be a discount on base game.....you are NOT forced to put your product on sale , it was S397's decision to put sale or not.
    the problem is , the halfass-ness of it. why put only 3 individual cars on sale out of 44 ? only 4 individual tracks on sale out of 19 ?
    you either participate properly or you don't , this current way is actually more bad and frustrating for those who waited out for sale.
    The 2022 complete pack is ridiculous in terms of price .....90 frikkin dollars just for some DLC ? thats like 2 decent COMPLETE AAA console games pricing.

also the description of 2022 complete pack is horrible >>

"The ultimate pack of 2022 is here - everything we've released in this calendar year, all in one convenient package. From IndyCar to BTCC and quite a few in between, a quality pack, with something for everyone."

I don't know what tracks i'm getting , i don't know what cars i'm getting.....so you expect us to pay 90$ and do our own research on what was released in 2022 ? for which you will have to go through official website blogs or forums and go through it manually .......that is ridiculous you know that right ? all this while content quality is all over the place ...X cars missing Y features and so on
    doesn't really scream proper management does it ? especially for that premium price.

FAlonso likes this.
  9. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Not much content on sale but nothing to be missed. Superb tracks at 50% and some of the best cars too.

10. Binny

Binny Guest

I honestly dont care anymore about content, no 1 knows where rf2 is going and what direction which is way more important.
    Not even a word on a new series, tracks, cars ect.. just words on S397 making another sim/game.

mesfigas likes this.
  11. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

One more year my money stays in my pocket.

rF2 is not my main simulator, AC/ACC are my main simulators, I buy everything right at launch to support its developers and because its price is very competitive.

The people I know that their main sim is rFactor 2 usually have pretty much all the AC/ACC content, on sale or in key shops they are sold very cheaply, at ridiculous prices a few months after its release.

I personally think that S397 makes a big mistake, rF2 fans buy their DLCs at full price, those of us who use rF2 sporadically will never spend a euro on rF2 because of its high price, I think that S397 is losing a large number of sales and a great opportunity for people to try your product.

Simulation_Player and regged like this.
  12. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

From a personal perspective, I only own 1 of the tracks on offer (Sebring), so I could add those potentially. Problems are though, Monaco is a track I almost only associate with F1 and I don't do that in rF2. Gateway is only really IndyCar, so now the question becomes, will they keep adding more content for this to rF2? Answers come there none. Gateway is a unique track as a short oval unless we get Iowa also, and I already have to say, the IR18 on the Indy oval isn't the most convincing. I'm not sure I can commit to IndyCar on rF2 because they just don't seem to be committed to adding enough content to be able to make a complete series, enough for league use. It's a complete headscratcher what they are doing here. Neither Indy road or Portland are laser scanned, Laguna and LB are nicely done, but again, it's all severely lacking. I do get that they are offering up individual bits of content to fill in the "missing bits" people may have, so that is OK. The Mini should always have been free content, though.

To my mind they\d have been better off doing a BTCC full pack for the sale, than all 2022 content which is too "bitty" in scope. It's the most complete of any offering they have. Same story as IndyCar though really. Not promoted or leveraged. I understand the CS is in a bit of flux and about to be replaced, but S397 have done nothing to build a community around it. They should offer 4 "series" on the CS each season: BTCC, IndyCar, LeMans and GT3. They need to get people to start showing up for those regularly. Sure, that community may migrate to LMU eventually for LeMans, but why wait to start getting it going? Very short-sighted.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2023
  13. LibraSim

LibraSim Registered

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

"I don't think I'll buy anything" would have done.

SmellySkidmark likes this.
  15. LibraSim

LibraSim Registered

Buenos días:
    Disculpad, pero ayer publiqué como una respuesta, por error, la siguiente pregunta:
    "Hola:
    He comprado RFactor 2 hoy y tengo una duda que agradecería que alguien que me aclarara, porque he instalado el juego pero no me ha instalado ningún contenido base; es decir, no ha instalado ningún coche ni ninguna pista, aunque funciona perfectamente me ha descargado un par de mods gratuitos de Workshop.
    Por tanto, la duda es: ¿al comprarlo solo se instala el juego en sí, sin ningún tipo de contenido base para comenzar a jugar sin necesidad de descargar ningún mod?
    Gracias anticipadas por su respuesta"

16. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

El material gratuito que viene Incluido en el juego base es realmente en forma de "mods" hechos por el mismo equipo (S397) Studio 397. En otras palabras, descárgate todos los mods hechos por S397 (rFactor2) en el Steam Workshop...
    Enlace:
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/studio-397/myworkshopfiles/

Hay un foro/comunidad de habla hispana (Español) aquí en el foro donde obtendrás respuestas mas rápidas...
    Spanish forum:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?forums/spanish.149/

Disfruta de tu nuevo sim! :cool:

17. Ozcanuck55

Ozcanuck55 Registered

I bought Sebring on sale...been looking at it for a while. I have used the ol' Virtua_LM model many times, but it was quite dated.
    This is probably the best track model I have raced on. Great work by Studio 397. Running the 911 Cup here is very good.
    On my old rig, I have to keep the field down to about 18 or so to avoid dropping frames, but the track details are worth it.
    Hopefully a new PC in the near future will fix that ( and ACC and MSFS). Thank you. How about putting Le Mans on sale before LM Ultimate comes out?

Alan Santo likes this.