Playing with paid content

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by zmitya, Jul 12, 2023.

1. zmitya

zmitya Registered

Dear All,
    Me and my friend wanted to try out a few cars in Nordschleife. We bought the track and also the GT3 car pack (12 cars). I do have a standalone PC for the dedi server, so I followed this procedure:

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/how-to-hosting-with-steamcmd-and-paid-content.57209/

After this, I copied over the Nordschleife (the download failed with SteamCMD for some reason) from my client and I picked up the Civic Type R and copied to the dedi as well.
    When I wanted to join to the server, the Civic was not available in the list but the game offered me to buy the Civic again.

I was curious so I bought the Civic alone for 5EUR and I was able to join to the server.
    The question is:
    Why I had to buy the Civic again, I already bought that car with the GT3 pack ??????

Thanks,
    Misi

p.s:
    Why I could not download Nordschleife with this command ?
    steamcmd.exe +login username password +workshop_download_item 365960 1737056846

?

2. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I'm not sure I understand. Did you buy the GT3 pack and the Civic? Because the Civic isn't included in the GT3 pack.

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Try steamcmd.exe +login username password +workshop_download_item 365960 1737056846 validate. That's what I have and it works. If it stops working, I just delete steam cmd and re-download it, then it starts working again.

zmitya likes this.
  4. zmitya

zmitya Registered

hm..
    how do I know which cars came from the GT3 pack ?

5. zmitya

zmitya Registered

but even if it is not included in the GT3 pack, why do I need to buy it ?
    It was already there somehow in my client, possibly came from an other pack maybe ??

not sure, but why I can't just copy the rfcmp to the server and play with it ?

6. Goanna

Goanna Registered

zmitya likes this.
  7. Goanna

Goanna Registered

There are 2 rfcmp's that need to be copied to your server's packages folder, Honda_Civic_2021_v1.60.rfcmp and
    Honda_Civic_2021_v1.61.rfcmp You would need to firstly copy the serverunlock.bin file from your games ....\userdata folder to the server's ....\userdata folder. Then you can use the server's mod manager to install (make sure the mod managers folder's are correct bottom right...there should NOT be any Bin64 references)

All paid content whether owned or not is now installed on the client as part of the "race against content you don't own" policy. You need to own the content if you wish to drive it.

8. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello. I think you need to buy all the content you use on a server. I had issues with my ServerUnlock.bin. I bought the content, redo the Unlock.bin and server worked.

Is it still like that ?

All content must be acessible from server without renewing the Unlock.bin. No ?

Why do i have to buy content and renew the Unlock.bin on the dedicated ?
    Last item was the Cupra i had to buy to install it on dedicated if i remember well ...

The package doesn't install without Unlock.bin updated and content bought on a Steam account.

9. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Since the introduction of the “drive against content you don’t own”, you don’t need to own content to install on the server, you do need an up to date serverunlock.bin file from your game put in the server’s userdata folder.

DanRZ likes this.
  10. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

I was buying the Cupra, but it wasn't necessary ...

I just have to install the item (bought or not) on a client Steam and update the Unlock.bin to transfer to the dedicated ...

I didn't realized that. Previously i needed to buy it and i kept the habit, since i buy almost all new content ...

Thanks.