Uninstall Mod via ModMgr Command Line - not working

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Sachmo, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Sachmo

Sachmo Registered

Hi all,
    I've had success with issuing commands via the CLI to Mod Manager, but have come up short when it comes to executing an 'uninstall' command from the command prompt. Has anyone got this to work? I'm trying to uninstall a Mod, as well as a Component.

The CLI help file states the following format:
    -u[ModName vModVersion] = uninstall ModName version ModVersion

The command I am running is:
    ModMgr.exe -u"MyTestTrack" "1.0"

I've also tried it in a batch file, and with command line directory being the rFactor 2 installation folder. Within a batch file, I can add additional lines for installing a mod, and also for adding files to a MAS file - all working, but the line above related to uninstall does nothing, with no error returned.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

2. Sachmo

Sachmo Registered

Also tried all combinations of quotations included/excluded, etc...

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Sachmo Are you putting a space between the -u and the component name, or not? Tried both?

Are you uninstalling any mods/events using that component prior to uninstalling the component?

4. Sachmo

Sachmo Registered

Hey Lazza, cheers for the questions.

Yes, I've tried putting a space between -u and the track name, as well as not, as well as space between track name and version, as well as not. Also as above, tried with and without quotes for the same variations.

In terms of Mods, in the batch file I have three commands in a row related to an uninstall (-u). The first command requests uninstall of the Mod Package (which contains reference to the track and two vehicles). The second and third commands relate to then uninstalling the two vehicle Components (that were part of that Mod Package just uninstalled). I've also tried manually uninstalling the Mod Package through ModMgr GUI first... and then running the script to see if the CLI commands would uninstall the two vehicle packages (no longer part of any Mods). But to no avail. Note, none of the three uninstalls work - and there is no error message returned - the Mod, as well as the two vehicle Packages, don't uninstall.

With the same batch file on subsequent lines, I am able to successfully add Components and Packages to rFactor 2. Its just the lines related to uninstall that simply don't work.

Cheers again,

5. Sachmo

Sachmo Registered

Still having this issue. Wondering if anyone has successfully used this before? (uninstall "-u" from the command line)?

If so, if you could post what your successful CLI command was, I'd be most grateful! Thanks again in advance.

6. Sachmo

Sachmo Registered

Another bump on this one - in case it catches the eyeballs of someone in the know!

Thanks in advance

7. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

Did you manage to make it work? I can also use the other commands, but the -u doesn't work at all.