Rfactor 2 on next gen consoles.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Simulation_Player, Jul 4, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

Hello,
    This is kind of a wish list thing but i don't know if i should post it here or there so , general discussion it is.
    okay so, i wish rfactor 2 to be ported on next gen console.
    TL;DR >> my PC is about to die
    Now my reason will sound selfish (it is selfish tbh) but my PC is near its end cycle now , served me almost 10 years. recently i'm facing issue that my pc gets stuck in start and restart loop. it don't even load bios and gets restart immediately....so far my conclusion is that RAM is the problem or the ram slot itself. if its a slot problem then i can't place my RAMs sticks on other slot because CPU cooler gets in way. even if i were to replace my RAM , other component will fail eventually.....so seems its like extending the time before PC eventually dies.
    So buy new PC right ? well its not that simple for me
    the prices of GPU,CPU etc where i live are crazy nowdays. so money is definitely a issue and some components are not even available.
    since i got a ps5 for other games , i will be spending money on new PC just for 1 or 2 sims i play ......which to me sounds like a bad deal. so i'm not considering building new PC for a long time. maybe after my ps5 dies in 4-5 years.

Now if we ignore all that rubbish and lets talk from unbias point of view.
    i'm a minority facing above issue , so is there a better reasons for S397 to port rf2 to consoles ?
    my logic, lets look at kunos.....they decided to add original AC to consoles , which seems to worked out well enough since they decided to add their next title ACC on consoles too.
    so this tells me that there is an audience to buy hardcore sims on consoles. i'm 100% aware that it is not just simple port and free money operation but looks like an opportunity.
    new console are pretty powerful, much more than my PC..so if my PC can handle rf2 i believe it will work on consoles too.
    thats all , if it happens i will get to enjoy rf2 for more time if not oh well. i'm curious to know other rf2 user's take on it.

P.S > I wish to treat this thread as general discussion on rf2 on next gen consoles, so my PC reason is not focus of this thread, it just there to explain my situation on why i would like this to happen.

JEmilio likes this.
  2. Binny

Binny Guest

I think you will find making of LMU will be much less complicated than rf2, so could be a lot like ACC and be much simpler to convert to console just my opinion. But rf2 I dont ever see going to console.

3. Simulation_Player

yea that could be a good alternative for rf2 , if it is as full on sim as rf2....even then it will be lacking in content variety.
    I understand how rf2 is right now , is impossible to launch like this on console LOTS of things will need to change or improve.
    thankfully ACC is on console in case my pc dies.

4. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

How would you market it? Say it's like Gran Turismo or Forza but with a lot less tracks and cars?

A BTCC or Indy car game would work I think. rF2 not so much.

5. Simulation_Player

Its not same as gran turismo or forza , those 2 are simcade games. I agree that rf2 lacks tracks compared to AC1 and ACC the sims that it will have to compete with, car content is more than enough at initial stage imo.
    if AC1 worked which is not a simcade and not focused sim like ACC , then i think rf2 has chance.

6. Bob Gnarley

Bob Gnarley Registered

A shot in the dark here but when was the last time you changed your motherboard battery? Those symptoms can relate to a failing battery so it might be worth a shot before you write off you machine. Shouldn't cost much.

JEmilio likes this.
  7. Simulation_Player

Thats good advice , i did that actually , yes the battery was gone. this problem occurred in past as well , back then i kept only 1 RAM stick out of 2 and then computer started hence i conclude that RAM being problem. This time with new battery my PC gave me this problem still, for 1-2 days then at 3rd day it automatically started working again. so i'm good for now. PC is clean too , no pirated stuff , just 3-4 games , fully updated windows 8.1 (since 10 and 11 sucks with bloatware , consume resources etc). physically i keep clean put pc under cover when not in use etc etc
    i think its age of components really , nearly 10 years ....thats ALOT for electronics stuff.

Bob Gnarley likes this.