Trouble with FFB

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Chuckk5086, Jun 26, 2023.

1. Chuckk5086

Chuckk5086 Registered

Hi, I have a Thrustmaster 300RS GT and every time I try to start a new race or practice the FFB is non-existent. When I go into Calibrate Controls under FFB the figure is -100%. The description reads that "some" wheels work on an inverted basis. I change it to -60% and there's a bit of FFB, but it doesn't feel right. What should I put in the calibration and why does it return to -100% when I start a new race?
    Why is it so hard to set up the FFB?
    Also, the list of profile doesn't save!
    Am I missing something, because this stops me from enjoying the sim?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I would expect negative to be correct for TM, but simply check: set it to +100 and drive a few corners. Then try again on -100.

One will feel right, and one will feel wrong.

With that sorted, you can consider the actual strength to use. Usually you'd reduce it a bit to avoid clipping, I'd recommend 75 for that wheel (+75 or -75, depending on the above test). Then if a particular car has too weak/strong FFB you can adjust the vehicle specific multiplier.

Next, make sure you have a key or button assigned to "Reset FFB" and press that if you have zero FFB in the car. It'll usually fix it.

For profiles, the selected profile name only shows when you click a profile name. Whether you load it or not, the next time you go to that screen the name won't be shown. That's normal. (Why? When you load a profile its settings are loaded into the game, and any changes you then make are just in the game settings - not the profile itself)

That covers the basics, for more specific advice we'll need to know which car you're having issues with and screenshots (rF2 calibration screen, plus your wheel settings just to check).

Chuckk5086 likes this.
  3. Chuckk5086

Chuckk5086 Registered

Many thanks, Lazza for your reply.
    TBH it seems fairly antiquated.
    Cheers