Fanatec DD1 no feedback after turning DD off and on

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Lars W. Andersen, Jun 13, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Lars W. Andersen

Lars W. Andersen Registered

Im using a Fanatec DD1 wheelbase with a ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2.5X wheel.

It has an emergency disconnect, and if I use that to shut down the wheel ... or if it gets disconnected by removing the usb cable ... when I turn it back on/plug it back in, the wheel is still recognized and is well centered and steering/gas/brakes work, but I can not get FFB working again.
    I tried the reset ffb function in rFactor, but that did not solve it.

I have to restart the game to get it recognize FFB again.

Is this solvable?
    Has anyone worked though this problem?
    Also ... is this a Fanatec DD driver issue, or is it a general thing with rFactor?

I know ... I shouldn't touch the emergency button, but bla bla bla ... small children around ... bla bla .. kvm setup from my pc and so forth. So it happens occasionally.

2. Marko

Marko Registered

It is a common thing. Also, if you forget to start your steering wheel before rfactor, it will not be usable.

Marko

atomed likes this.
  3. Lars W. Andersen

Hi Marko, thanks for your response. I kind of figured as much ... just wanted to hear if there was a known fix to kick everything back into alignment. In this case I am describing, the wheel is recognized, and only the FFB is missing.

4. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

think it depends on how the emergency stop is designed in the wheelbase. If it disconnects the controller/restarts it, then rfactor needs to be restarted.
    My emergency stop (base sw20v3) only removes the forces of the wheel dont disconnect it.

5. Robert de Vries

Robert de Vries Registered

Try to see if you can use another players DD power supply unit.
    (Asuming it happens with other racing games and in windows aswell)

I had a faulty power supply unit once, not sure what the effects where. But was solved within warrenty.
    Workarround then; unplug the powersupply unit from the mains, wait until next day, retry.

But at some point that did not even work anymore.

6. Lars W. Andersen

My unit is fine ... its not turning off by itself. Its more IF someone pull the plug or think its fun to hit the killswitch I am not a happy camper :-D But thanks for your input here.

7. Lars W. Andersen

In the case of Fanatec, they mean business when they call it a kill switch I have to live with the danger of having to restart rfactor I guess.

8. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

I rarely use my stop button. I have changed habits of where I place my hands before and after entering track to be prepared for extreme movement. I have also moved the stop button down to my lower leg so I can use my leg or knee to active it, for emergency.