SOLVED Client got "an error occured, unable to load server mod most likely becasue of a missing content"

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Philip00, Jun 10, 2023.

1. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hi All,

I would like to ask help regarding creating online lobby with a working content.

I have created a mod with a vehicle a location which is working fine for me in Single palyer however when I open a room in the lobby my brother facing with the following issues whne he downloads the content. We have played before with the same way wiht other content but for him the vehicle is always apppear as "damaged mod" in his modmanager.

What do we do wrong?
    The vehicle and the mod looks like as in the attached file

I tried to create a single cmp from the vehicle and add that to the mod but still no luck.

Can someone please help me?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2023
  2. Corti

Corti Registered

in "Arrows example.PNG" the F1 1999 Arrows version is 1.2 & in "mod example.png" F1 1999 Jordan version is 1.3?
    in root vehicles.png there are two versions of Jordan, perhaps conflict between the two?

Philip00 and redapg like this.
  3. redapg

redapg Registered

@Philip00 As @Corti ha said already, also i would suppose a Conflict somewhere, especially when there is so much similar Content installed.
    What makes me a bit confused, is, that in Arrows Example.png, you show the Arrows, but in the mod example.png, you use the Jordan.
    Which Car do you use in the rfmod and does your Brother have that Car in the same Version installed?
    Same with the Track.
    It's hard to judge, without to exactly know what you use and have installed.

Philip00 and Corti like this.
  4. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Thanks guys, yes it was a little bit confusing but the main problem was that the car which I modified is avaliable in steam workshop, and since automated update was enable in the client side, we always got mismatch, since the client turned it off it works.

Thanks again guys.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
    Corti and redapg like this.
  5. redapg

redapg Registered

That is one Reason, why i suggest to use own Update rfcmp for Workshop Items. ;)

Philip00 likes this.
  6. jonno

jonno Registered

hi guys sorry to jump on this thread but saves me making a new one i have a similar issue to this.. however some people can log in to lobby and download all modded content no issue but some cant they keep getting the above error im pretty sure there's no issue with server or no one could get on is it something they are not doing or something they need to turn off or on.??? any help would be great thanks...

7. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Is it possible that they have some other mod which is modifying content?

8. jonno

jonno Registered

ok so it turns out the BTCC Astra 2020 seemed to fail the download i sent them the file over and they installed it through packages and it worked i uninstalled it all and i had an issue with the astra.. but we have found a work around for now..

9. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Are you including the Astra in the vmod? You shouldn’t as clients can install paid content without owning said content, they just can’t drive it if they don’t own it. How big is your vmod(the .rfmod file) it should only be about 5KB.

10. jonno

jonno Registered

Its only a skin pack iv made but it seems the astra rfcmp dont want to accept the server download unless its manually placed in to folders i wouldnt share content the 2 guys ut wasnt working for own all content. I honestly belive they have something enabled or disabled thats preventing it form installing the majority of people can log in and it works first time just confused tbh lol..

11. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Ahh ok, that makes more sense(to me lol) strange how it works for some and not others though.