Is S-397 Thinking About Adding Nascar's "Next-Gen" Car?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jayyhick65, Mar 20, 2020.

1. jayyhick65

jayyhick65 Registered

Oh i have iracing already, but i think i perfer rf2 because the people can actually drive

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

S397 has not been able to support fully it's own core product. Even if you gave them a fully sorted car model with up to date physics and graphics, they do not have the manpower to present a Nascar based car/track set. There is a 3rd party mod, that is the best you can hope for.

3. jayyhick65

jayyhick65 Registered

Ok mabey ill try to make one

4. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

This is pretty much the synopsis of rF2 at the moment and for this situation. NASCAR has their own game, and will probably license their cars for iRacing. But that would pretty much be it for NASCAR. S397 have said that they are not doing fictional cars any more. The ISI NASCARs were fictional. As S397 continues to transition to "iRacing with out the subscription", you're going to keep seeing less modding as examples of cars to borrow components from will be fewer.

I'm pretty sure the only reason you see the NASCAR mods out there is because of the original ISI cars. The main reason I've been focusing on Indy-open wheel cars for modding is because of the DW12. There is plenty of modding teams that do NASCAR and I'm going to assume they will be working on the new cars. It is just that you'll need to wait till that season starts before things will be done, as there may be changes to the car between now and then.

jayyhick65 likes this.
  5. jayyhick65

jayyhick65 Registered

Oh ok thank you :)

6. TheBigDawg

TheBigDawg Registered

Unless you get a group of people involved in it dont expect gen7 cup cars. Atleast not for a LONG TIME to come. Iracing is the best best. Personally I prefer the road racing here to iRacing because it feels a but more accurate.

7. SharD

SharD Registered

I have a good Nascar next gen car waiting to be converted. But I don't have a lot of skins for it. If anyone feels like making skins, I can give this car a shot.

8. Binny

Binny Guest

Strange i thought they would have all new contracts with MSG now, s397 would be no longer. IMHO they just continue to use s397 as ppl know them better.
    Also dont MSG have about 5 times the staff Luminous had ? If so what are they working on the indy game that is taking for ever ? Maybe time to concentrate on what they have & make it the priority.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

1. You answered a post from 2020.
    2. Isn't S397 still its own thing?

Goanna likes this.
  10. Binny

Binny Guest

Not sure but IMHO 1 would think they would have had to sign new contracts when the takeover took place, as their new employer would be MSG. They all would have been contracted to Luminous not S397 unless S397 was actually a separate registered business under luminous. Could have even been part of the buyout package rf2 & s397. But I honestly thought they would have changed it to MSG to show off their new accusation RFACTOR 2 as it is a great asset for any company.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, that's not how it works.

12. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

BTW I have NEXT GEN Models already. Just a full plate. Work, Trucks Next and then GEN7 at some point. We redid all the tires on the SC2018 and SC2018X way better than the SC2015 cars.
    I know this post is old but thought I would post an update as I mainly use Discord.

Binny, Marcel Offermans and Spyro like this.