Fanboy post, rF2 is great!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by green serpent, Jun 4, 2023.

1. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I just wanted to share this video here because I'm legit happy that this dude finally tried out this sim.
    Not that I really give a toss about what anyone thinks, but it does erk me slightly that, for example, the likes of Neils Heusinkveld tried basically every sim and gave them all a red-hot go, but then he was about to try rF2, and he was basically like "Meh drifting sim, no point even giving it a go". I'm not having a go at the dude, people can do whatever they want (I was just a bit dissapointed because I genuinely was interested in watching a video of him talking about rF2, good or bad).

The sim racing antichrist Austin, he'll talk shit about rF2, but then won't give it a proper try and take the time to set it up right (not just load up a track-car combo that's garbage and then say the game is broken). The guy knows what to do to break games, it's basically his job. We all understand rF2 can be broken, and it's not that hard to set up something that's not broken and works fine. It's like they refuse to properly try rF2 for ideological reason or just random abstract reasoning like "complex tyre is bad", or "eternal science project").

Rambling on a bit now, but I've had so many arguments with people on YouTube who would bag out the rF2 phyics and point out problems or whatever, saying the sim is garbage, and I'm there trying to tell them that somehow they're not "getting it". Like yeah there are all these minor things, but somehow they havn't experienced that core raw driving experience (which yeah, at times can be a bit elusive, especially with a bad wheel). I'm sitting there wondering if they have ever pushed a car IRL or in sim. They probably don't have a great setup.

rF2 is THE sim when it come to driving physics (many people are finally understanding that now). Many things might feel a bit broken at times, or strange physics, or something is NQR in a particular car, but as a whole, the base sim is does things to your brain that others don't. I whine about it because I want other people to experience the joy, instead of just writting it off without a proper go. People can do what they like and enjoy any sim they please, each to their own! But, I think rF2 will become the basis of every major sim in the future. That is my prediction. I could be totally wrong, but I really hope I'm not because rF2 is great.

Anyway, I'm glad this guy set things up right, and the he know how to push a car. Instantly right off the bat, total connection with the sim.

justposted, Badboy, Kaitsu_69 and 2 others like this.
  2. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

Lol. I just posted this in another thread. You beat me to it.

I try other games(sims) but when I come back to rF2; it's like an old shoe, just feels right.

green serpent likes this.
  3. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Austin is working as a Game Design Director for Straight4 Studios, they made up a partnership with Reiza to start the development of a new simracing title, soon will be his time to listen.

https://www.straight4.com/news/straight4-studios-and-reiza-studios-confirm-strategic-partnership

https://twitter.com/bell_sms/status/1659577657602785281

Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
  4. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I did know that, I meant "back in the day". Btw I don't have anything against Austin or any other YouTuber. They're just doing their thing.

5. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Bashing rF2 makes crowds happy. I've seen youtubers do it just for likes and subscribers. Why? Fanboys.