[REL] Toyota GR Supra GT4 2023

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Nick9320, Feb 19, 2023.

1. Donat

Donat Registered

I was very specific about the physics, read again.

2. vava74

vava74 Registered

What about providing MOTEC data Donat.
    You are an advanced rF2 user so you could provide more detail.
    The 70Nm seems indeed odd, as the Supra GT4 uses KW Racing coilovers (pretty sure that the are these: https://www.kwsuspensions.net/racing/competition_5a/), not the street car's shocks, but those values could be a typo.
    So my question is, does it behave as if the suspension is simply too soft, but in a consistent manner (ie. the issue is the values) or there is something that you can attribute to geometry?

atomed likes this.
  3. Donat

Donat Registered

Car behaves like a 70s American land yacht. And btw you do not need a semi-competitive driver to provide Motec data lol. You'd expect the physics team to be competent enough to get it themselves. After all, April is a very good driver herself.

4. vava74

vava74 Registered

She has been overwhelmed lately, at least, as far as I gather. Both with illness and work.

5. EmperorOfFinland

EmperorOfFinland Registered

I will tell you a story about making a car. sometimes there is not enough data available to make the said car so a modder has to guess what is on the car or not. as most of the companies dont want to part with data unless you pay them. So at worst the car is just a guess how it would be based on the publicly available data. And that can make making the car much harder than it really should be.

If you think you can do better you can probably disassemble the mod and start making the physics yourself. i mean its not ''that'' hard. dont be surprised though if you get people of your attitude telling you same things to yourself after you spent time handcrafting the physics.

This is the attitude that i dont like on modern simracers. they think they know it all but they should really only complain if they can do it better themself and show that they can do it. so instead of complaining you would actually help the community as a whole.

I used to have your attitude until i started modding myself and i have much more respect to the modders now than i had back then.

If youre unwilling to do better physics yourself i dont think you have any right to complain about it since youre not also paying for it in the first place. it would be a different story if it was paid mod but since it is not. people use their freetime after work and family to do these things and people like you just expect to get game studio quality out of people who do it just for fun or just for passion and they might lack the skills and data the game studios have.

6. Donat

Donat Registered

I used to do a bit of modding myself in the past, all personal use and honestly it was dogshit, I was never really good at it. But did I ever say I was or that I could do or am willing to do better? In fact, I actually suggested what is likely completely wrong with the physics and vaguely identified some of the handling issues, I did more than I had to. I am a user who downloaded the mod expecting at least half-decent quality, but I was rather disappointed by the mod. Why shouldn't I have right to complain about it even if I didn't pay any money for it? As I said, I am a user who downloaded the mod with intention of driving it. And the (harsh to some) reality is, the mod is far bellow standards. It is simply not a good mod and I won't just say that it is. By your logic, I too would release a garbage mod and anyone but you and a few others who mod (including the ASMG team) wouldn't be allowed to tell me that I did a shit job with it when I clearly did. Mods like this are the reason why I tend to avoid non-official content as I more often than not get disappointed. Although that's not to say that official content can't be garbage either (think AMG GT3 prior to the February 2023 update).

nolive721 likes this.
  7. [RFr] gerald

[RFr] gerald Registered

A physics and sound update will be released. I would like to have your feedback on it.

Reiche and Adamcas87 like this.
  8. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Looking forward trying the update... while the car didn't felt finish yet... it has great potential.

9. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

Update to 1.15 is great no more wind noise rollover fixed great work Thanks.

atomed likes this.