Join the Alpha Test – NEW Online Multiplayer

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by John Ratcliff, May 31, 2023.

1. John Ratcliff

John Ratcliff Registered

2023 BTCC GRID (9) (1).png Hello Sim Racers,

As you may be aware, we have been working on an all-new “competition system” for some months now with a small, but passionate and dedicated development team - and we’re really looking forward to sharing it with all of you.

As part of our final checks before we bring this new system to a public release, we have been running a small “alpha test”. This has been a very small group of people who have been invaluable in allowing us to find bugs, user experience issues, and give other feedback that we have greatly appreciated in helping to improve the experience.

We are now looking for motivated and passionate volunteers to expand our small group of testers for this “alpha” phase of testing. The requirements are primarily confidentiality, along with a commitment to give detailed feedback and bug reporting. And in return you’ll get a limited addition badge gifted to your rFactor 2 account once our new system becomes publicly available.

To register your interest: CLICK HERE!

Please note; we have a specific number of users that we’re looking to join our team throughout this private testing period, so submitting your details is NO guarantee of acceptance into the programme. Apologies in advance if you are not accepted! However, if you are successful in joining the programme, you should expect to hear from us within 2 weeks of receiving your request.

Public access is coming soon for this re-engineered online experience, and we look forward to sharing it with everyone in the coming weeks. We hope you’ll enjoy it!

Happy racing!

2. justposted

justposted Registered

No replies, eh? Not sure why. Maybe people have lost faith.

Personally I'm really pleased to see this. The competition system had/has potential, but personally I've always struggled to subscribe and sign up (it works, but only after a few restarts etc) and of course it hasn't been well populated. I've signed up as a tester and am hopeful that it can provide the sort of it-just-works system that rF2, along with pretty much all the sims, badly need.

3. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

Pretty sure you're supposed to fill out the form in the link provided and not actually respond to this thread.

atomed, nonamenow, Bernat and 3 others like this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

And when there are not yet any details, a private sign-up, and the first requirement is confidentiality, there really doesn't appear anything to talk about :p

5. Comante

Comante Registered

The first rule of Alpha tests is not to talk about Alpha testing.

6. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

Exciting times :)

I'd sign up but I don't think I'd have the time to commit to ba very useful tester.

Looking forward to the official release though :)

7. justposted

justposted Registered

Fair enough. But to see a potentially game-changing feature in this forum and not see rampant opinions on whether it will be good and what it should/could include ... surprises me. Anyway, I'll go quiet now and hope for a test invitation.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The "new CS" has been in the works for some time, possibly mentioned more on discord than here. So this test isn't the first news - otherwise I think there might well have been 20 pages of opinion :)

9. OneMoreOdd

OneMoreOdd Registered

10. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

When working on the multiplayer system, please let the api publish stats like session type, time left, race length, car classes, etc. This way its easier to see what you can join and at what state.

redapg and r00b Driver like this.
  11. redapg

redapg Registered

... and if a Server is Password protected

ThomasJohansen likes this.
  12. Binny

Binny Guest

Any news on its progress ?
    No discord link pls, dont use discord.

13. Progress is going as it should, but yes discord is taking over slowly ;)

14. Binny

Binny Guest

Thankyou, so will that mean the forum 1 day will be shut down and we will all have to move over to discord ?

15. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

No, most likely there will always be a forum.

Binny and pkelly like this.
  16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Here's an idea: try using discord.

It's not a religion or competition. You can have both the forum and discord. If you choose to confine yourself to one, despite being told you can get additional information on the other, that's on you.

17. boxer

boxer Registered

The forum should have remained as the number main source rF2 news... IMO Discord is just pure chaos and the fact is it's often used by members as tool for bulling other people around.

Emery, Binny, avenger82 and 1 other person like this.
  18. I agree mostly.

IMHO discord is an instant messaging not a knowledge repo.

Binny, pkelly and avenger82 like this.
  19. redapg

redapg Registered

Just out of interest.
    Is there something top secret going on in discord, that it can not be read without to be logged in?
    I don't say more about it, to avoid to get banned again, like it happend the last Time, when i did speak against the Move to Steam.

20. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Yes, there is a private channel for the test, but I assume it will be made public when the test is made public as well.

redapg likes this.