error computing mod sig while editing mod package

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Deleted member 58016, May 31, 2023.

1. I get an error computing mod sig message while editing dedicated server mod packages using DLC e.g. changing / adding a track and track layout.

I can reproduce it and it happens since Q2 2023 update.

Steps to reproduce:
    - create a server mod with mas utility
    - run the dedicated server
    - stop the dedicated server
    - start mas utility and edit previously created server mod
    - try to add a DLC track
    - click on package

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Copy a fresh serverunlock.bin file to the server?

Deleted member 58016 likes this.
  3. Already did it but I think I need to automate it because of the update policy and frequency ;-)

Lazza likes this.
  4. I exchanged the keys again, but it did not work. Attached two screenshots - one with the content of the mod and the error message, the other one with the pkginfo.dat file, which seems to be written correctly after finishing mas2 utility ... and also mod packages seem to be build correctly (but I cannot judge this because I am building mod packages "manually" by script afterwards).

Attached Files:

5. Goanna

Goanna Registered

I’ve generally not had much luck editing vmods, for me it’s quicker/easier in the long run just creating a new vmod.

Corti likes this.
  6. You are right, but I am using it only for "generating" pkginfo.dat file - and I need to rely on its generation. I need to check if it also works if I am using "create new mod".

At the moment I am using kind of framework which generates rfmod files and sets up the DS so it is more or less an automated process except choosing a new track from time to time.

Goanna likes this.