WIP Online Multiplayer more than 2 sessions

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by stu3284, May 26, 2023.

1. stu3284

stu3284 Registered

I've mentioned this before in Support but just got a few saying just restart a race but theres obviously a bug.

I run a weekly race server and sometimes we'd like to run 3 sprint races. In the player.json file you can set the number of Race sessions in the Multiplayer section. This first happened in a race with 9 clients but can be replicated with adding ai. so setting the Race sessions to 4 and the following happens

1 and 2 Races, no Problem
    3 Races, ~ half of the Field gets DNF before going to the grid
    4 Races, ~ 2/3 of the Field gets DNF before going to the grid.

Me and a couple of other have tested this with different combos and the same happens.
    Chris ( @redapg ) tested and got the same and In the Trace he gets "exceeded the wheel offtrack timer during a Race", so it seems to be something related to the Cut System, but how can they exceed something, without even driven 1 Meter?

Regards
    Stu

Last edited: May 26, 2023
  2. redapg

redapg Registered

I want to add something that is a bit strange too.
    And i also add @Alex Sawczuk and @Coutie and @Devin.
    In the trace, where the Reason for the DNF is listed as the above already mentioned "exceeded the wheel offtrack timer during a Race", it also seems to affect the AI Drivers (i've tested with AI on the Server, because i couldn't find human Players to test, but @stu3284 has the same Experience with human Drivers).
    The full Entries are (Chris Bruni is me):

323.04s vehicle.cpp 12626: Setting Network DNF status because driver Chris Bruni exceeded the wheel offtrack timer during a Race.
    323.04s score.cpp 1101: NetworkDNF(1) for driver "Chris Bruni"
    323.04s score.cpp 1062: LocalDNF(1) for driver "Chris Bruni"
    323.06s score.cpp 1062: LocalDNF(1) for driver "Christian Mansell #24"
    323.06s score.cpp 1062: LocalDNF(1) for driver "Paul Aron #01"
    323.06s score.cpp 1062: LocalDNF(1) for driver "Leonardo Fornaroli #04"

And that happened before the Race did start.
    And these Lines get repeated 232 Times.

EDIT I forgot to mention that, if the Num Race Sessions is set to 3 or 4, the DNFs happen in the first Race already.

Last edited: May 27, 2023
  3. stu3284

stu3284 Registered

@redapg , @Alex Sawczuk and @Coutie and @Devin.
    Tested this again with Paid DLC (GTEs @Brands Indy) both as an online server and also in single player with 20ai. Same bug
    In Single player I first set CURNT and GPRIX to Race sessions = 4 in the player.json file. (wasn't sure which was the right one)
    With rF2 fired up, in the sessions set up page it says 4 races and if you click down, to 3 you can't go back up . It only moves down till you get to Race session On/Off.
    Same problem as previous but I manged to enter one of the races by rapidly clicking Drive when the session changed to the next race and the rest of the AI were there (20) . Miss it and there was only 7 in the race and the rest DNF including me.
    I wonder if its linked to some Drive button press timer that goes a bit awol on more than 2 sessions?

redapg likes this.
  4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Ok, I've never really tried more than one race session, I'll try it and see what happens.

stu3284 and redapg like this.
  5. I can confirm that using num race sessions with a value 3 or 4 leads to DNF for couple of drivers - and they are chosen randomly.

stu3284 likes this.
  6. redapg

redapg Registered

@Coutie Are there any News about this?

stu3284 likes this.
  7. Brutten

Brutten Registered

Greetings.

I take advantage of this conversation to suggest a wish.

We usually do several races, but with different conditions (day, night, dry, humid, wet...) and we make grid changes according to the classification of the previous race.

The problem I have is that if several races are assigned they all keep the conditions of the first one and, I think I remember, there is no warmup between sessions so I can not vary the grid.

It would also be nice if I could invert the grid from the rF2 management menu (I have a tool that helps me, but there will be people who do not have those means.

As the system is designed, to perform these actions, we have to log out and log back in to the server several times.

I hope I have not meddled too much, but seeing that you talk about it, I think these wishes could be interesting for the community.

stu3284 likes this.
  8. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I believe this is fixed in the next version.

stu3284 and redapg like this.
  9. redapg

redapg Registered

That would be great!

stu3284 likes this.