2023 Q2 Build Update and Hot-Fix

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by John Ratcliff, May 17, 2023.

1. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

As regards the AI cars rolling, especially when they hit the larger curbs, Laguna was also quite bad for that. The IR18s in particular would roll at a few of the corners. With the AI as it now is, they seem to be better behaved on the way into a corner; they don't seem to want to dive down the inside so late, which is what'll put them on the inside curbs; they also don't seem to want to rear end you on the way into corners. Don't think that has anything to do with the 2 new parameters in the HDV, suspect the IR18s not updated, it's just a consequence of being less aggressive/more controlled in that phase.

But I wish the same was true coming out of corners - they basically put the power down early and just drive through the back of you coming out now. Place like coming off the Corkscrew (left) and into the next corner (right), and exit of turn 1, they just stick the nose right under the attenuator and turn you. They leave absolutely zero gap, and don't get off the gas at all. The AI are still crashing into one another all over the place though. This is with AI at 97%.

Lars likes this.
  2. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Since the new update I have noticed a significant increase in performance on most track and car combos I've tried so far, probably in the region of 30-35 FPS. This is using the latest nvidia drivers version 531.79. I was wondering if any body else have noticed this increase in performance or if it's just the driver update.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I just assumed this was a new setting ADDED to all existing hdv files, but I suspect, like most things rF2, each setting will have to be customized for each individual car.

4. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

There has been a few minor fixes to a few things graphics related. I wouldn't expect to see a huge change in performance though in general. Happy to hear you've had a boost though ofc.

solerpalau likes this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hi @Alex Sawczuk I'll ask here, there's long been mention among mainly VR users of the Stabilize Horizon setting. Any chance extra levels can be added to it (stronger effect), plus a complete horizon lock? I know it's very personal preference, but I don't know if there's any advantage to be gained by having extreme values/locking.
    Thanks!

avenger82 likes this.
  6. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

idnt notice any fps increase in rf2 but quite a nice jump in msfs2020.. oddly though msfs2020 warns the driver is unstable and i should roll back to an earlier version.

7. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I've had no stability problems with this driver so far. The increase in FPS with rF2 does vary with track and car combo, Brands Hatch and GTE cars the increase was only about 5-10 FPS but other combos was giving me the 30-35 FPS as I stated in my previous post. These figures only apply while driving, track side cameras in replays the increase was a lot lower. Replay track side cameras is not a good indication of performance.

8. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Eh, not so sure the performance increase just isn't because some things are not getting properly rendered now, like brake glow on the IR18 gone missing.

9. Since update I get an error "error computing mod sig" when using mas2.exe and choosing to edit an existing mod package by adding a track - this worked before the update and does not work now with DLC content tracks only; using / choosing mod tracks from steam workshop etc. works without any error (I already renewed serverkeys.bin as I am not sure if it is still being used).

10. muzikant

muzikant Registered

very nice that the ai is getting some love S397...
    Is there also a possibility to build a car filter into the game in the future? it is sometimes very clicky to use the right carskins and a preset save mode would also be very nice so that you can make offline championships, I thought this function would also come?

Thanks S397 for the update!

ling, JoeP1, avenger82 and 1 other person like this.
  11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Hi Alex, again just tested the BTCC cars and they handle the curbs like a champ now! Well done team! However, something else occurred at Croft, about a dozen cars(out of 32) had issues exiting the pit out. Several cars were stopped there and many more piled into them. Some transported back to the garage tents but others did manage to drive out....after fighting through the scrum. Just an FYI.

Emery likes this.
  12. oddtimer

oddtimer Registered

Is there a list of cars with updated ai somewhere? Thanks!

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Updated with the new AI roll parameters? Sure! Here it is:

BTCC

In all seriousness, the AI changes other than that are (I believe) all on the game side. It's not about individual cars being updated.

14. oddtimer

oddtimer Registered

Thanks. I thought some cars like the gt3 had not been updated yet as they still drop off and won't overtake on straights. Maybe the blogal changes need further fine tuning.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Check your aggression setting (the AI aggression, not yours :p) as it will pretty directly determine how much overlap they think they need to make a move. So try raising that a bit.

oddtimer likes this.
  16. oddtimer

oddtimer Registered

I think I did try that, but will double check tomorrow! Thanks.

17. Lars

Lars Registered

Hi,
    apparently Indycar-Dallara (by S397) seems to push you (runs into you) now quite a bit at the end of mainstretch instead of going alongside; this happend to me at official tracks like IndyGP and Portland (whether online or offline, high and low aggression setting).

didnt happen with GTE cars by S397.

seems the dallara is impatient to the new ai improvements...

cheers

SOLVED: renewed multiplayer.json on server and setup a new race, now AI works fine!

Last edited: May 26, 2023
  18. jamie stocks

jamie stocks Registered

19. jamie stocks

jamie stocks Registered

are we saying V1125 current build ? i cant get online , am i missing something ?

20. RoWo

RoWo Member

Current build is v1133 (opt out).