BTCC 2023 Liveries and Cupra Content Drop

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by John Ratcliff, May 22, 2023.

1. John Ratcliff

John Ratcliff Registered

2023 BTCC GRID (3) (2).png
    Hello Sim Racers!

As you all know, we have been consistently putting out British Touring Car Championship content over the past year, and we are now bringing that crescendo to its peak as we complete the full 2023 grid with the addition of the Team HARD Cupra Leon into rFactor 2.

The Team HARD squad features 6 fantastic drivers; Dexter Patterson, Bobby Thompson, Jack Butel, Dan Lloyd, Nicolas Hamilton, and Jade Edwards. We are incredibly excited to be bringing all 6 of their beautiful liveries to the rFactor 2 platform, and we think that you will love driving the Cupra Leon!

Alongside the addition of the Cupra Leon, we have also added all of the official 2023 British Touring Car Championship liveries into rFactor 2 to mirror the current season and increase the immersion of the highest-level virtual tin-top racing experience.

To read the full blog post, including links to purchase the new content and our full change-log, click here: https://www.studio-397.com/2023/05/btcc-2023-and-cupra-content-drop/

Happy Racing!

88mphTim, pascom, datasting and 20 others like this.
  2. ben willis

ben willis Registered

Awesome stuff, thank you! Good to have the full grid and liveries now. Is there any chance of the cars getting the hybrid lights like the real life cars or some way to show hybrid on the broadcast overlay? Would be really great for leagues using this content!

3. VirtuaIceMan

VirtuaIceMan Registered

Hate to be "that guy" but what is the hold up getting Oulton Park, Snetterton and Knockhill in the game? And Silverstone back again? Silverstone has been in many other games, whilst the other tracks appeared (some/all of them) in Project CARS series, Automobilista 2 and iRacing...

Not that I'm too fussed about yawnsome Snetterton, but Oulton Park and particularly Knockhill are ace!

muzikant likes this.
  4. sg333

sg333 Registered

Finally! A full grid, and 3 full seasons of liveries :eek:

Instant purchase, mega work S397 :)

wrff.tiger@gmail likes this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Silverstone isn't gonna happen. They are asking for almost more money than any other circuit's licensing fees. There are at least TWO 3rd party versions of Silverstone which are based on ISI's original AND everyone who HAD Silverstone prior to the cutoff, still have the track.

6. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Very very good for the races against the AI, I have already all the BTCC cars I like (left wheel side), I wont buy this car, but with the new feature, I can race against AI with it for free !
    About the tracks, Oulton is my more wished !

muzikant likes this.
  7. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Cupra is very nice to drive & the first car in a long time I haven't had to adjust the mirrors :)
    Awesome work S397 thank you!

8. VirtuaIceMan

VirtuaIceMan Registered

I do have the original (prior to cutoff), was just thinking about other people. It's a bit of a different situation the BTCC I expect, to F1/WRC/etc, where you license the series and get all the tracks as part of the license.

I can only imagine if F1 23 launched with just over half the tracks and the rest you didn't know if they were going to come out or not... might confuse some people! Of course there are mods to fill the hole, but official tracks always seem more, er, official :-D

9. muzikant

muzikant Registered

Oulton alstublieft;)

10. Robert Pastor

Robert Pastor Registered

Full grid, thanks a lot! Really nice :)

11. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

There is already a very good mod of Oulton Park available by Digga at ISR.

muzikant likes this.
  12. AMarkham40

AMarkham40 Registered

Knockhill is available in the Steam Workshop & you would think Studio397 released it. Excellent quality!

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

How many official tracks are missing from ACC? ;) Remember, rF2 is NOT a BTCC specific title. We are lucky to get the cars and even some new tech for the 2022-3 hybrids. I would agree if rF2 was solely focused on BTCC, but since it is a sandbox for any kind of racing, the lack of all the tracks doesn't hurt as much.
    Have a good one bud!

Last edited: May 23, 2023
    solerpalau and Manfredk2 like this.
  14. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

Hi anyone been able to install the Cupra Leon on their server without error on mas file 1.60 showing up.

15. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Copy your serverunlock.bin from your game’s userdata folder to the server’s userdata folder and it should then install…had the same prob this morning updating our server.

Corti likes this.
  16. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

Thanks.
    I forgot to do that.

Goanna likes this.
  17. wrff.tiger@gmail

wrff.tiger@gmail Registered

Awesome work! Thank you!

18. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello, i just want to alert on an annoying bug on the Cupra.
    If you start the GUI and select all Cupra models, the GUI freezes and never stops.
    It needs to be killed ...

What is the good way to select only 2023 specs cars ?
    I tried several ways and all specs always appear when connecting to server.
    And we get a "bad type car" which disconnects you from server after entering if you select a not valid type car.

Actually i need to make an upgrade and keep only 2023 specs cars to make it properly slectable on server ... kind of annoying.

I already asked for that kind of limitation of categories of cars but didn't have a good answer.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/btcc-2022-only.73975/

This time it's only one car that causes the issue and not a lot of them ...

Any advice on managing that properly ?

muzikant likes this.
  19. Madatek

Madatek Registered

The unnatural AI swerving is still happening, though it is a lot less jarring. It's the F1 2022 A&M Mod, tried on Interlagos

muzikant likes this.
  20. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Hi mates,

While testing the Cupra with a 2023 grid on Brands Hatch, I asked myself a question. Do AIs in BTCC use boost?
    Set AI at 120%, agressivity at 76% and limiter 6%. I start 15 of 15 for 15min race. At 5min to go I was 2s behind second and third whom fighting, and 4s behind the first whom playing alone. With no agressivity during overtaking (and a big mistake :p) I've finished just behind the first. During my run I had no problem to overtake the AI when using the boost. Also during the start straight as well as the middle straight.
    It seems IA don't use the boost ? (Or a very bad use )

Thanks.

PS : Default setup just fuel change for 15min racing.

Last edited: May 24, 2023
    Madatek likes this.