Unbearable tire sound in game.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vale99, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Vale99

Vale99 Registered

I have the Master volume at 65% and the tire volume at 0% in the game and the sound of the tire both new Indycar and Formula Pro is unbearable, please fix the sound.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The Tire Volume is under the Legacy header and does not affect cars that have been updated to the new sound engine. Both the rFPro & the Indy IR18 use the new sounds so that legacy tire volume is useless. The cars that CAN make use of that setting are 3rd party mods & the portion of the S397 fleet that has not yet been upgraded.
    You might get better results adjusting the ONBOARD Volume slider in the upper section of options.
    Interestingly, many users have the exact opposite complaint of yours, newer cars have very little tire scrub noise and thus users who have come to rely upon that aural feedback have had issues.
    Also make sure you are using the newest version of the sim by choosing either Release Candidate or NONE in the rF2 properties/beta tab at the Steam library.
    Also try different settings on the HRTF menu item in the right hand column.. and swapping between Immersive or Broadcast.

The_Bad_Fasterd likes this.
  3. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I'd say there's something wrong in your game or system configuration. Make sure you're using the latest stable version (BETA: none).

4. Vale99

Vale99 Registered

I have tried all the possible configurations and the result is the same, the tire volume in each corner is very annoying, when I bought the Indycar and Formula Pro this didn´t happen, rFactor please fix it or refund my money.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

again, tell us what version of the game you are using. When a track loads, look at the bottom right of the screen. You should see v1.132.
    ALSO before you launch rF2, in STEAM, choose the library tab, right click on rFactor 2 then choose properties, and then BETA. From there, in the top rectangular box, click on the little blue V and then choose NONE. That will ensure you are using the most up to date version of rF2.
    Finally, STEAM handles all refunds(not S397) and that refund period is extremely short. (like 2hours of playing or 2 days of non-use) So a refund is not gonna happen. AND the fecking cars work for the rest of us so they are not experiencing a broken warranty type issue.
    The sound is DIFFERENT, it is not broken. You can, I guess revert to the oldest version of the game, but then I suspect the Indycar won't even shift out of 1st.

6. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Consider sharing your sound settings in rF2 as well as your overall audio configuration, as different audio render solutions can drastically alter the results.

rF2 audio works as intended when the spatial audio effects are not interfered with by other audio apps / 3rd party solutions such as those used on some USB-audio headphones / VR headsets / Windows Sonic / Dolby Atmos, etc. Any Windows audio enhancements should be disabled to allow the game audio to handle spatial effects.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sharing a video would be very helpful.

8. Oldgamergazza

Oldgamergazza Registered

I have had the same problem on some cars, unable to recall which ones, I will check when I get home later this week, also will check the beta thing:)

9. Vale99

Vale99 Registered

The new sound in the tires in some cars like the Indycar, Formula Pro or the GT3 are poorly implemented, example in the Indianapolis oval with the Indy Car the tires make a sound in each corner, it is a shame and it is annoying that this happens in a simulator.

10. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

Do you want to remove the sounds compleately?

11. Vale99

Vale99 Registered

Only screech the tires in every curve.

12. Vale99

Vale99 Registered

Today I went back to rFactor and the tire screech still sounds the same, goodbye rFactor.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I guess you don't have any of the recent DLC?

Byeeeee

14. Vale99

Vale99 Registered

I have 90% DCL´s game, it´s unacceptable for a simulator to squeal its tires like in rFactor, please fix it.

15. The_Bad_Fasterd

The_Bad_Fasterd Registered

This place is not an airport and youre not a flight.
    So you dont need to announce when youre leaving.
    :)