Wish, infos of P2P use on results logs P, Q, WU, R

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Matt21, Apr 20, 2023.

1. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

Hi,

now rFactor2 offer to Indycar and BTCC the P2P (Push to Pass)

Please Studio397, is it possible to see in the logs if a timed lap has been completed with or without the P2P/or hybrid ?

(and maybe how many seconds of use)

thks

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
    Goanna likes this.
  2. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

Hi there,

Unfortunately these auxiliary inputs are not yet available through the API. I hope that at some point this is reviewed. It is indeed very useful for data analysis.

That said, if you use Fidgrove, you can see this information, although only on offline sessions at the moment. Below are 4 different examples where this information is visible in the data platform with Indycar:

1) Trackside Station (live data): for offline sessions, you can see all auxiliar inputs being selected on bottom left of the cockpit data
    Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 08.12.16.png

2) Eng. Station - Session Details page: if you hover a lap in the stint table, you'll see that information for each lap
    Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 08.24.23.png

3) Eng. Station - Lap Details
    : if you click through the line of the stint table, you'll go to lap details with multiple indicators incl. aux inputs
    Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 08.30.06.png

4) Run Charts - Aux inputs vs Lap Times
    : this correlation chart is useful to optimize p2p use (XX axis shows p2p use in seconds)
    Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 08.23.55.png

To know more about Fidgrove, check our website or the respective forum thread.

Hope this helps. Cheers

Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
    Matt21 likes this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Ricardo Diz good info re fidgrove, but the fact it's not available is the reason for the wish.

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  4. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

I agree, and I second the wish. In fact, it was this frustration that led us to try to find a temporary solution.

I hope the recent work to share new electric/hybrid data through the API lowers the barrier for the team to go the extra mile and share all aux inputs.

rF2 has been improving steadily (still so happy with new sound tech!), and this would definitely be another nice check on the process of getting a more polished sim.

5. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

For Studio-397

And can it be possible, in the RF2 Race Log of an Indycar race mod, to see if each drivers had consumed all his P2P, or how many seconds remains in car after checkered flag?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023