WIP Bad ai at Lemans

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Team Dano, Apr 18, 2023.

1. Team Dano

Team Dano Registered

When racing at Lemans the ai Cadillac DPi and Hypercars don't have enough gearing to get up to top speed down the straights. Also when the ai cars try to pit it's a disaster in all classes, cars are crashing and fighting over the same pit stall. I'm using all rFactor content, Cadillac Hypercars, LMP2's and GTE's.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

When you race at Le Mans, make sure you customize your vehicle and enforce the Le Mans Aero. Caddy DPi do not have that since it never raced there. Oreca 07 LMP2 & the GTE cars are the only ones that should have the Le Mans Aero.(of the stock S397 content that is)
    The S397 Cadillac DPi hypercar is NOT the car that is currently campaigning in the WEC.
    You could try to assign a setup to the AI, perhaps that might work. I haven't done that in ages, so I'm not sure it is still effective.
    The 3rd party Acura DPi cars do have enough gears to reach 323kph(but they drag horribly over 315kph) [that is without a draft where they can reach 331kph] while the LMP2 cars approach 318kph. The Cadillacs can't even reach 270kph.
    you should try some of the 3rd party LMP1 cars like the Alpine or Gibson or ByKolles. Make sure you enforce the low drag setups.

Team Dano likes this.
  3. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Are you using only official mods? You should try with only official content and see if that fixes it.

4. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

5. Team Dano

Team Dano Registered

The Cadillac DPi/Hypercar are capable of 330+kph, just lower the rear wing setting, it's the ai that Studio397 need to address.

6. Team Dano

Team Dano Registered

I'm using all official rFactor content, Lemans track, Cadillac Hypercars, LMP2's and GTE's

7. Bernat

Bernat Registered

So it's exclussively an AI issue. That wasn't clear in the first post.

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Not an AI issue, but the wrong car at the wrong track. The IMSA DPi Cadillac Hypercar is NOT the 2023 LMDh car racing in WEC this year, so the S397 team did NOT include a Le Mans aero package similar to the Oreca 07 or the GTE cars. Until S397 does come up with their own GTP/Hypercar vehicle, they should update the Caddy to at least have a very low downforce car with higher gearing.(Technically, at a normal roadcourse, the older, more powerful DPi should be faster than the heavier LMDh cars). The Vanwall, may be the only official alternative at this time.(I'm not sure if it's upgraded to Le Mans though)

edit, The Hypercar variant does have a 7 speed gearbox but the current LMP2 cars are faster over a lap than the AI controlled caddy Hyper.

9. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

AI pitting improvements are being worked on right now, so hopefully that part will at least be fixed soon.

10. Team Dano

Team Dano Registered

IMSA has retired the DPi, it has been replaced by the GTP/LMDh/LMH that will also compete in the WEC. I believe the Studio397 Cadillac Hypercar version has WEC Hypercar specifications because it has a seven speed gearbox and the DPi has 6 speeds. Dpi's never raced in the WEC and my best lap times at Lemans with the Hypercar are in the 3:27.00's, same as the real world lap times.