SOLVED Log reporting appears broken

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Booth_doberman, Apr 15, 2023.

1. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

Motec is no longer getting Fuel Level information for the Gen3s. The bar starts and stays at 1.0.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Answered you on discord already, but get the latest DAMPlugin and add the battery charge level channel to your sheet. The Gen3 probably only use battery, not fuel (recent game update added that functionality and the battery reporting).

And in general, probably best to ask/check when it comes to plugins, before reporting a game bug.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Booth_doberman so just to continue the forum-discord parallel, can you check and confirm what values the Battery Charge Level returns?

It's been reported that its value isn't correct (on a different plugin). I don't have the cars so can't check.

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  4. Booth_doberman

I guess I've had this so long, I didn't realize it was a separate piece of software. In addition, the last update of RF2 broke log reporting so that LogAnalyzer wouldn't work. So it sure looked like a similar bug.

5. Booth_doberman

I uninstalled/installed the latest version using the auto installer. The Battery Charge Level after running 16 laps and using 33% of my battery doesn't record anything. When I look in the log file manually, there is no entry for Battery Charge Level. Is there something I need to add to the .ini file?

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, the Battery Charge Level is always logged (like Fuel Level, since it makes sense to always have it and is low frequency so doesn't add much to file size).

It won't add itself to your graphs though, so check the value list (V) or the channel list (C) in i2Pro.

7. Booth_doberman

I had already added it. I ran 16 laps and it shows 0% for the entire outing. When I look at the channel information for Battery Charge level, it shows a Sample Count of 1641. Is that the number of entries for Battery Charge Level for this outing? Before the latest change, Fuel Level used to show data; now it does not either. That's probably expected, though. At the same time, I looked at LogAnalyer's report for fuel usage and it shows percentage, but I can't be sure it's measuring the same thing.

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  8. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

Could someone from S397 acknowledge the issue and give some additional information on when is energy data expected to be shared through the new API structure?

Thank you. It would be appreciated

9. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

Hi, I've been able to reproduce this and been looking into it, thanks.

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  10. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

11. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

The sooner I typed...

Just confirmed that energy usage seems to be correctly available through telemetry's API, after today's update. Thanks

Lazza likes this.
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You should have asked earlier :p

Ricardo Diz likes this.