[REL] Toyota GR Supra GT4 2023

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Nick9320, Feb 19, 2023.

1. leseb64

leseb64 Registered

Very nice car, for me the car lacks a lot of lateral force, in the turns it has no weight so no centrifugal force that should attract us to the outside of the turns and therefore cruel lack of lateral drift

ps: for sound problems try the legacy settings it works

nolive721 likes this.
  2. datasting

datasting Registered

3. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

one last thing
    the car dash hs tiny letters and is not so visible
    try please bigger fonts or scale to make a better view cause it ahs a lot of information there
    bigger dash would be realy nice

4. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

yes exactly this

@Nick9320
    the car looks gorgeous and sounds not bad once you do the legacy sound trick. its just a pity about current state of handling but we are sure you guys are going to work this out soonish:D

atomed likes this.
  5. Reiche

Reiche Registered

For the #154 car (preview) it's loading the #90 DTM Trophy livery.

Screenshot 2023-04-17 170802.jpg

6. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

The AI has big problems to handle this car on several tracks. For example: Brands Hatch - all AI cars roll over at the last turn
    Screenshot 2023-04-17 195250.jpg

bears and GeraArg like this.
  7. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

The same thing happens in Monza.

8. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello, what is the "legacy sound trick" ?

For the AI doing roll overs, it's probably too much "Grip corner" in settings, all car need some tweaks on some circuit.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
  9. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Manfredk2 also porsche GT$ and Alpine gt4 from workshop rollover at brands hatch
    i notice taht today
    AI has issues but not only supra GT4
    might need and ai update with those mods at least it happens at Brands Hatch on many different corners NOT only at last

10. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Hello
    playing with these sliders here. and there is thread about Windows sound parameters somewhere on this forum that is helpful to read as well

upload_2023-4-18_21-19-9.png

DanRZ likes this.
  11. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

I haven't tried this mod yet. With other cars that use the legacy sound engine I find that the engine sound is really quiet. I then go to the sound options and switch the "speaker configuration" from "speaker" to another option then back again to "speaker". After which the sound is then fixed until the track is reloaded. Has anybody else tried this? It's a bit weird but it has worked with every car I have tried so far. The legacy sliders are on their default settings from a clean player.json.

12. Donat

Donat Registered

I wish sound was the main issue. Sorry, but this mod is just straight garbage. Steering feels a bit too responsive and weird, but alright not terrible. I don't know where you got those spring settings from, because it's just comical the way it behaves. Did you get them from a road going Supra, I seriously doubt the GT4 has 70 N/mm max stiffness. And the only drivable (not really) brake bias is like 68 to the front, what is this honestly, that's just ridicilous brake bias. But overall, the physics are just dogshit, same for the sounds obviously. It's literally only good (very good) from the graphics aspect. This car is a prime example of why you shouldn't drive 90% of the mod cars available.
    2/10 for good graphics.

Adamcas87 likes this.
  13. rubennaatje

rubennaatje Registered

Damn, I'm so sorry you installed this. Really sucks you had to go through all of that, props you're keeping up so well!!

No but seriously, no need to be so entitled and such a dick for something free.

There's a difference between offering constructive feedback and being an asshole and calling it straight up garbage.

Andregee, Reiche, sg333 and 11 others like this.
  14. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Yeah the mistake was to make it sound like a release when it's more like an alpha...
    Other than that... it make me hopeful... that this and the cayman... get 'rework' in term of physic...
    hopefully into something a bit more coherent.

I'll keep an eye in those project... as well as the clio and the honda brio... but I'm not in an hurry.
    If they end up good enough... great... that would add much needed content...

if not... a shame...
    But other than that I don't see the point in bashing the guys doing it... if only for improving their skill...
    that's reason enough for the existence of those projects...

If you want to bash somebody... do it for leagues like LFM... or any other leagues/communities... that Tend to pick 'mods' nowhere near good enough to be 'seriously' raced with... raced on...

Last edited: Apr 19, 2023
  15. Donat

Donat Registered

No I won't be nice when something like this shouldn't even be released. It's just that bad. Why should I say it's good when it's not? I'm just being real here, physics and sounds are terrible while the graphics are good. What, am I going to watch out for someone's feelings now?

16. atomed

atomed Member

My batsenses tell me the Brandolini level is high around here

Bernat, bears, elgagon and 1 other person like this.
  17. elgagon

elgagon Registered

My common sense tells me to ignore it.

Manfredk2, bears and atomed like this.
  18. OneMoreOdd

OneMoreOdd Registered

Noticed that wipers are from right-hand drive version of the car. Looks a bit weird

19. OneMoreOdd

OneMoreOdd Registered

Pretty sure it should be like that:
    upload_2023-4-21_8-22-56.png

20. vava74

vava74 Registered

Donat, the sounds apparently have to be treated as "Legacy" and tuned with those sliders.
    Which I assume is not how it was supposed to be, so perhaps something has been done incorrectly.
    In relation to physics, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it would be helpful if you stated what is your view on the key-points that you believe are wrong and that would be constructive and allow for a debate to happen.

As an example, many criticised the Cayman's physics*, specifically the odd "hopping" under braking... which was unequivocally validated by several people who actual race Cayman's GT4s as a characteristic behaviour.

* the car is way too fast due to the S397 public tyres

With this I am not saying that your view on the Supra is wrong, just that it's always better to know what is being questioned, so others can also contribute.

atomed likes this.