2023 roadmap

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AlexHeuskat, Dec 15, 2022.

1. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

You can take that as you like.
    This constant nagging and dissatisfaction is simply annoying.
    If he doesn't like the product, he should just take another one.
    Done.
    But he won't.
    Why?
    Because there is nothing comparable in Physic and FFB.
    So let the developers do their work and enjoy what is currently available.
    And that is a lot!

The_Bad_Fasterd likes this.
  2. Bernat

Bernat Registered

These people complaining about everything to gain attention to themselves are very annoying. We don't come here to read what they have to say but that's what we get on almost every thread. Let them say what they have to say but we have the right to complain too, about them. They're also disrespectful about the work of others, and that's what annoys me the most. Every forum has to have their handful of these.

The_Bad_Fasterd and CIP060 like this.
  3. Robert Pastor

Robert Pastor Registered

Guys Guys
    there is nothing to complain about, it's true rF2 has a lot to offer. I think that each of us would like as many cars and tracks as possible because no other sim gives such impressions of ffb, such physics, rain and many other things. I have and I know ACC, AC, iRacing and so for me the ffb experience is the most important and that's why I want more content in rF2 (because for me is the best). That's why I'm so interested in what lies ahead. I hope we'll find out something satisfying soon.

4. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

No, I have enough cars, I just need tracks, for the cars I want, I will licence them;)

5. elgagon

elgagon Registered

6. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Paul left the Studio? I did not catch this, are the reasons known? Is there an official successor? Too bad I think he did a great job

trichens and mantasisg like this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

@John Ratcliff has taken over the publicity part. Don't know if that will include video voice-overs.

8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

How about simply taking a chill pill and wait for the things to come. I think the Q2 blog ended on a very positive and interesting note. Granted the FE Gen 3 isn't my cup of tea, but I was 100 % sure that it would appear at one point or another and everything else besides that car is fantastic. And if I would have to place a bet I would predict that we might see more content in May or atleast the announcements for the future direction that the content and core side is taking. We still haven't seen the replacement for Silverstone wich is intriguing.

The_Bad_Fasterd and Bernat like this.
  9. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I like what they've done in this Q2 even though there's barely new content. And if that means they're preparing some bigger changes, that's a very good sign. May that be the new competition system, a graphics engine overhaul, new physics engine features, more AI improvements or something completely new, who doesn't want any of that besides new content? Be patient and enjoy what we have or you'll be always unsatisfied if you're always waiting for the best to come.

memoNo1 likes this.
  10. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

As for me I hope more official tracks land as well.

-Eastern Creek / SMSP would be nice, the current mod ones are.. not good.

we do have "some news" though Reiza will be giving their pack a refresh and at their release those tracks where the best in RF2.. so i suspect after updates they will be again, for a long time the Ibarra on rf2 was my favourite track in all of sim racing

11. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Hi.
    I'm not trying to be argumentative, but nothing released by Reiza was ever the best content in rf2.
    Not even close.
    Regards.

AlexHeuskat likes this.
  12. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I confirm.

13. Binny

Binny Guest

Proof its being optimised ? latest i heard from someone they said on discord someone from s397 they had no plans to optimise might have been graphics, not sure but the bloody whole sim needs optimising and performance issues fixed, i would go a yr of nothing just to get it and done right.

darkojovanoski1986 likes this.
  14. Binny

Binny Guest

2023 is a very exciting year for rFactor 2, and we have plenty more content and multiplayer updates which we look forward to bringing to you very soon! We can’t let you in on all of the secrets just yet, but let’s just say that rFactor 2 will never be the same again…

rFactor 2 will never be the same again ? I really hope this is a optimisation and performance update as honestly that would be a massive game changer and yes rf2 would not be the same.

15. sg333

sg333 Registered

rF2 runs very very well, once people understand the limitations of their own hardware. It's software updated to mostly 2023 techology so its NOT going to run good on dinosaur hardware. Far too many people moving all the settings to MAX and wondering when their 4gb GPU wont give them 100fps

16. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I will give my speculation :

- 5 indycars tracks (no ore INDYCAR standalone game)
    - 5 BTCC tracks (no more BTCC standalone game)
    - shadow fix
    - AI oval update + tracks (no more NASCAR standalone game)

about the performance, I have said the graphics are +300% more GPU demanding, but not +300% more beautiful....
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....on-some-new-content.73403/page-2#post-1117120
    if you look at my post, the 2017 quality was not really different with today graphics, but it was - 300% gpu demanding, it means with 1080ti in 2017 I have same framerate with 4090 in 2023..... a shame

darkojovanoski1986 likes this.
  17. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

It would be hard to do 5 more btcc tracks when only 3 are not in game as official tracks.

trichens, Spyro, mantasisg and 4 others like this.
  18. Comante

Comante Registered

That's a very negative attitude, you are not even trying!
    :D

trichens and TJones like this.
  19. sg333

sg333 Registered

Snetterton, Oulton, Knockhill... ahem Silverstone? :p

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

How would performance or content make rF2 "never the same again"?

Only by starting with what you want, and trying to make it fit.