[REL] MAK-Corp Group C Community Update

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by hitm4k3r, Apr 13, 2023.

1. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

How are you trying to install the mod? I just tested the three rar files that I uploaded to RD, extracted them and got the rfcmp file. That file is handled like any other mod without 7zip or anything like that. You drag it to your packages folder and install it with modmanager or via the ingame content manager. I hope that helps. ;)

2. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Well, as I see this as a community update anyway I have no issues offering the work that I've done. I don't own anything, just started with a bit of skinning and updating a few things left and right so that things got out of hand a bit. :p

If anyone fiels like having a look at the files or using some of the stuff just go ahead or ask what you want to know. There is nothing encrypted or anything like that. This started as a private project but I see no reason not to share it. It's a bit of a draw back with an ever evolving platform that mods can get bugs at some point. On the other hand it's great how some of the newer updates make even old mods shine. The dash stuff looks ace at night now without me touching anything. I hadn't noticed that till now.

vava74, Kahel, philrob and 1 other person like this.
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I was doing just that, dragging to packages like I always do, part 1 was fine but 2 and 3 error each time. Not sure why, I had to go out so retry later this arvo.
    Cheers mate for your work though, excited to try these.

4. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Maybe try redownloading or unpacking with winrar. I just tried it and it works on my end. Maybe the DL got corrupted or 7zip is having issues as it is a .rar file.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  5. Lars

Lars Registered

rfcmp-files have the same name, i extracted them in different folders and renamed them...

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  6. atomed

atomed Member

Radkappe, pascom and Corti like this.
  7. datasting

datasting Registered

8. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

As it is called Community Update i modified the gen-files of the cars. Lodouts were set a bit low (350) so the cars disapear on tracks with long straights such as Spa. New gen-files makes them visible even at higher distances.
    @hitm4k3r If you want to use the new files: https://mega.nz/file/nx9HSDZY#uHnCWxeDLHY3cHLOyRyfWUwP2bt0uQ7fgsBXc6YFV4A

I dont know if it is only on my side but there seems to be something strange with the AI. Tried S397 Spa and Kyalami 1976. Only a few cars could set a qualifying time. So in race they had to do a pitstop... Maybe one of our famous community members knows a solution.

at Spa only one Sauber and no Porsche set a qualifying time (out of 20 AI)
    Screenshot 2023-04-14 170947.jpg

and here one Porsche an no Sauber

Screenshot 2023-04-14 170911.jpg

at Kyalami all Saubers and no Porsche

Screenshot 2023-04-14 171150.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2023
    Rogger, Bostrom, hitm4k3r and 4 others like this.
  9. datasting

datasting Registered

10. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Thanks for the files, I will include the LOD fixes when I get to future updates.

Regarding the AI I will try to give you a "rough" explaination: this topic is a bit tricky as I haven't tested them enough with the new update. I did the AI overhaul before the Q2 update and it worked pretty good. While I did that, I noticed a few issues but couldn't really see how to fix them. It was pretty obvious when running weekends with the Porsche AI that they have issues to calculate the required fuel when running a qualy session without running a practice session beforehand. So they allways come to a halt on the S/F straight after they completed their qualy lap, wich kind of works but isn't ideal as it can lead to crashes on the main straight. My guess is that the AI has issues calculating the fuel load when running full boost so that they have enough left for the in-lap. So I allways run a short practice session and the AI doesn't run out of fuel in the qualifying session. There seems to be some kind of "learning" involved in how AI manages boost and fuel consumption over a complete weekend. I am not sure if factors like talent or skills have an effect on this aswell. With the C11 this can be even more tricky as engine mixture settings are involved aswell. Before the Q2 update I didn't notice the problems mentioned by you though as the majority of the field completed atleast one qualy lap.

Now with the new update there seem to have been new bugs introduced. Yesterday when running a race at Le Mans I noticed AI being pretty erratic, half the field not being able to track a qualy lap and AI being a bit more prone to crashes. When you check the update with the rF2 version before the Q2 update, run a short practice session ,then the qualy and then the race it works very nice. So I need to investigate more now that the new update has arrived and report potential issues if I can reproduce them. To be on the safe side I would allways recommend to run a full weekend with this mod. 15 minute practice and qualy sessions are enough. I know it's a workaround for now and not ideal, but the whole AI topic is very complex. After my 1 hour race yesterday I was happy to see all three cars being able to win the race atleast wich shows that the BOP is still working. ;)

Manfredk2, pkelly, datasting and 2 others like this.
  11. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Allright, tested the qualy issues between the previous build in the Q2 update and there seems to be a bug with the new update that prevents some AI drivers from finishing a timed lap. This also affects official content but it's not as extreme. Here are the screenshots for a comparison:
    20230415001957_1.jpg 20230415002001_1.jpg 20230415011654_1.jpg 20230415011658_1.jpg
    And it doesn't really matter wich car. With the LMP2 and GTE cars that I tested both classes were affected aswell. So time for a bug report. If anyone wants to run the mod without the current AI issues in the Q2 build you can use the previous stable build. It also makes the racing a bit smoother from my perspective and it's very quick to swap builds. Maybe lowering AI agression helps but they make some wierd moves in the current build.

Rogger, vava74, Bostrom and 2 others like this.
  12. redapg

redapg Registered

@hitm4k3r @Manfredk2 I haven't checked it myself, but can it be, that some of the Cars still use old rF1 Engine.ini Files.
    There seem to be some Problems related to that, with the last Build, so, who knows... maybe that is the Reason for the Problems with Qualifying Laps too.

hitm4k3r, vava74 and Manfredk2 like this.
  13. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I am not sure if this is really the case. I think for the turbo modeling they required new engine.ini files. The Porsche even has two different engine files eventhough the WSC version with the two turbos isn't modeled properly from what I've seen on a short sight. What kind of speaks against your theory is that all three cars are able to setup timed qualy laps and that all three cars are affected by the bug aswell. What makes it seem like a "Porsche"-thing is the fact that most cars simply are Porsches. And when official content exhibits the same problems aswell it kind of speaks for a game issue, especialy when it worked before. I remember that this bug was fixed in one of the last bigger RC updates but now it somehow reappeared.

Anyway, thanks for your input. I will wait if S397 comes up with a solution before I go for a bug hunting spree.

redapg likes this.
  14. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Great job, had a blast at Spa with 962 and 787.
    Thanks and cheers.

15. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered

@hitm4k3r NICE TO SEE THIS! Thank you! We have done 3 endurance race! and i hope we can still doing this big race again!

6 Hours of Le Mans 2020

4 Hours of Brno 2021

8 Hours of Le Mans 2022

Raintyre, atomed and pascom like this.
  16. datasting

datasting Registered

17. Full Right

Full Right Registered

This mod is truly amazing. So much fun with it even against the AI.
    One question: in the Porsche with the Camel livery, there is no mirror that I can see. I do have mirrors activated in the settings page. Is there a seat adjustment or fov adjustment that I am missing?

Thanks for a great piece of work!

18. redapg

redapg Registered

That Car has side Mirrors only and you can not move the Seat far enough Backwards, to see them on a single Monitor.

19. Full Right

Full Right Registered

20. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

This has always been my favorite Independent mod for many reasons.
    I've done my own updates in a similar manner to a version but I really like this one.
    Fabulous work, thank you!
    Last I knew Petros Mak was on LinkedIn, FWIW.