Q2 2023 Release Candidate Update is Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by John Ratcliff, Mar 31, 2023.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It is still there but now incorporated as text near the lower right of the new HUD. It will display as + or - x.xx(i.e. -1.23 indicates you have improved 1.23 seconds compared to the previous best lap at that point on the track)

2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

It worked when I tried. It saves into userdata/screenshots

ThomasJohansen and yashiman like this.
  3. yashiman

yashiman Registered

Thank you for your reply.
    I checked your messages again and realized I was looking at another folder (steam folder).

The new side background is very nice.
    Thank you.

4. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

It's great to see that there is a focus on AI now, but I have to report the same issues as posted by other users aswell. Not so much the pit garage issues, but some AI drivers not doing a lap in qualy and their general behaviour while pack racing is worse. Now they have the same tendency like the PC2/AMS2 AI with overtaking over the grass and their general situational awareness seems worse aswell, so they tend to crash more often now with comparable AI settings as in the public build.

5. sampopel

sampopel Registered

Agree on both counts - not all AI put in a qualifying lap and AI behaviour seems a bit more wreckless.

Raced the GT3s at Guapore and in qualifying, I was consistently faster than the fastest AI by about 1 sec and about 2.5 secs faster than slowest AI. When the race starts, I pull away over the first couple of laps but by about lap 3, the AI behind me speed up and start to catch me, with a pack of about 6 of them eventually swarming all over my back bumper before they start to push me around. They clearly have more grip on corners and faster straight-line speed, with most of them now matching my quali time. Did the same race about 3-4 times with exactly them same observations. Doesn't feel very "sim". They punt me off whilst I take the inside line going into a corner and I get the warning for corner cutting as my car spins across the grass.

Not sure who is responsible for AI at each track, this being a Reiza track. Reiza have now done a good job at stopping the AI ramming you in AMS2 although that might be easier in that game because the AI physics seems very basic.

6. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

A month ago, they fixed an issue with the Formula E AI not putting in qualifying laps. The problem there was that the cars started qualifying with too little energy to complete laps. Since in Formula E, there's no difference in weight between having a full charge and near-zero charge, they changed the FEs to start each session with 100%. Maybe in the process of fixing this, something slipped through to other cars. If you have LogAnalyzer, you can check the fuel usage and fuel-at-start of the AI to see if that's an issue.

7. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I have hope it will be better, now the update brings more issues than fixes

Mydriaz likes this.
  8. LianJieYiQie

LianJieYiQie Registered

I'm not sure if it's my problem or where the settings are incorrect. My framerate in VR mode is particularly low.
    Even in the menu interface, I can clearly see frame drops when moving the mouse. After entering the track, it became even more uncomfortable, and the screen kept shaking strongly. Even before clicking on the drive, moving the head would cause the screen to jump violently
    I used to be able to play in medium image quality, but now I want to give up VR before stepping on the throttle.I hope to solve this problem asap

9. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

I haven't noticed any performance drop in VR. Try to delete/rename your userdata folder and let the game generate a new one.

10. LianJieYiQie

LianJieYiQie Registered

(Thank you for your reply) Oh, it doesn't work. I took a few screenshots and just shook my head left and right on the menu interface, resulting in a particularly low framerate and a particularly high total latency.
    Perhaps this is because my VR device has poor compatibility with RF2, as this interface does not require loading resources such as tracks and cars. It is just a picture and a dynamic background image. After entering the track, the situation became even worse. So now I can only provide feedback to my device manufacturer, hoping they can find and solve the problem.
    1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png

11. John Ratcliff

John Ratcliff Registered

Hi everyone!

After listening to your reported issues and general queries with our latest Release Candidate, we have a new update for you which has just dropped.
    Below are all of the changes made in this update:

• Fixed HUD only rendering one gauge correctly
    • Fix for HUD sometimes showing invalid data for Fuel Laps Remaining
    • Updated Grid/Pit Marker to use Lowlumemissive shader
    • Added Throttle, Brake and Clutch gauge options to HUD
    • Added ability to change text colour in MFD in HUDs
    • Further improvements to updated HUD with multiple options for different element combinations
    • Fixed updated dashboard shader not setting vertex colour
    • Added missing help text on Battery Units option in Settings
    • Material Editor: Added ability to set blend modes and texture chroma and no detail reduction.
    • Fix AI slowing down when they’re close to other cars, even when they’re ahead
    • Fix for AI not leaving room when entering pits
    • Made AI more careful if they're missing wings
    • Reworked AIW pit box interpolation - This fixes various issues with AI not pitting correctly, such as retiring or colliding in pits - This also fixes AI not doing more than a single stint in sessions
    • Fix AI waiting for cars pulling into pits even when there’s no need to wait
    • Fix race condition crash in obstacle debug stats screen (moddev)
    • AI Aggression now controls how much overlap AI want to be able to achieve before entering a corner before they commit
    • Fixed some minor issues that could cause fast classes to hesitate overtaking slower cars out of corners
    Known issues:
    • When in VR the game saves changes to the wrong config file
    • AI will fail to line up for FCY
    • Formation lap speeds are capped too low, so if the grid gets pulled too far apart, the back will fail to catch up in time
    • AI aren’t particularly good at evading cars parked on track and will slow down considerably, sometimes just lining up behind them

We hope you enjoy these updates and fixes!

Cheers,
    John

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Added Throttle, Brake and Clutch gauge options to HUD

Hallelujah!

13. TJones

TJones Registered

YESS !!

14. Bernat

Bernat Registered

@John Ratcliff I change the HUD when in a session, from the settings page, but when I get in the car the HUD doesn't change.

15. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Which hud do you choose?

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

This is still an issue, at Daytona Road Course some AI just drive into the pit wall back & forth. default player.json, GTEs 20230405201452_1.jpg

17. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Please add the force feedback clipping bar too. It's an essential tool to configure ffb correctly. We still depending on external tools for it, rf2 is the only current sim that doesn't have it natively.

18. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

FFB bar in hud and also ability to change ffb gain on the fly with keyboard keys

19. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I was using the default one, the first in the list, and I was trying to test the other official HUDs without exiting the session. I have many other HUD mods installed but I'm not using them.

20. Goanna

Goanna Registered

@John Ratcliff when posting the release notifications can you add the build ID’s please, it makes it just that bit easier when updating (especially steamCMD servers) to check that the update has worked. Something like this;
    BuildID:
    Client 10938420
    Dedi 10938428

John Ratcliff and pkelly like this.