Q2 2023 Release Candidate Update is Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by John Ratcliff, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Duncan

Duncan Registered

I tried with Monaco 88 and Official azure with same results, though it was on first turn with 88 and a few more turn after with azure.
    No problem with non beta version.

2. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Sounds very promising, great to see AI getting some updates.

DaREALMastaD likes this.
  3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Tried 15 AI GT3 race at Sebring. I have huge FPS drop to undrivable levels, to 30FPS.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

not seeing that, I've done 48 GT3/GTE/LMP2/LMdH just yesterday with expected average of100ish fps. Is the drop momentary? How much video ram do you have?

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Can not reproduce it now after going to public build and back to RC. FPS is normal. Strange, don't know what was that. I have 1060 6Gb version.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Might have filled up your vram with other circuits or general use. Whenever you see a slowdown like that, a reboot can be helpful. There also should be a command inside the video driver app that empties the video cache. I know there is one for AMD, but I do not know for NV.

7. Tony Raharidzery

Tony Raharidzery Registered

Nice.
    It would be really good to have real relative in the HUD.

8. Kahel

Kahel Registered

HUD is a good step in the right direction... make sense with the btcc content.

But, after years of doing with alternative... like simhub or racelab or workshop mod... I don't think it should be a priority...
    Just like I don't think we need an ingame spotter... when we have crewchief available...

Making data from the game easier to access... yes... that would be a good thing... on the other hand.

mesfigas likes this.
  9. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i agree we were also prefered 3rd party tools for HUDs and racelabs in combination with simhub offers tons of options high quality dashes tons of information BUT the new HHUD is welcome aswell
    we need official care and support for all those info and quality official HUDs and dashes aswell like other modern games does like ACC AC iracing AMS2
    all those games offers high quality HUDS and dashes so i wouldnt like to see rf2 always behind
    we are not here only for the physics BUT for the whole package experience

Tony Raharidzery likes this.
  10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You might have already worked this out, but: you can collapse the different groups of channels, and then only the unread ones show. If you expand that group you'll see them all again.

11. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Trying the 1960s cars.

Normal Build. All fine.

Same test with New RC Build.
    All same settings.

Few mods the AI cars stuck in 3rd gear

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

@Alex Sawczuk Definitely something wrong with the new AI settings. They behave & draft nicely at Le Mans, but then have issues with not finding their pitbox. Practice sessions are truncated as the AI return to their garages and don't venture out again. . As shown above at Spa, they don't appear to like crowding.
    Anything we can do to further test the issues?

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Devin is working on this, and already got a good replay of AI ending up as a literal carpark after some spun. Again via Discord. Best place to report issues, with replays (embedded video, or sent to him if necessary), and check on latest updates. Really a better option than here.

mesfigas likes this.
  14. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

We always prefer forum reports actually. Things get lost easily on discord.

ThomasJohansen, Emery, Devin and 5 others like this.
  15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, just the above AI reports are duplicates of what's already on discord, and Devin has been pretty active on there, that's all I meant. Fully understand the general preference of the forum, sorry to be unclear there.

16. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Still I think a dedicated post would be more helpful since everything would be in one place and it would be easier to follow and find. We could improve a lot in that aspect of the forum.

17. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

I noticed that the dev mode is very crashy with the latest RC. For example: when saving waypoints in 9 of 10 times i get a CTD. The AIW is saved but i have to restart dev mode.Seems to have something to do with the "garage issue":

from trace file:
    100.32s ai_db.cpp 11389: This may be okay if 2 is less than the number sharing pit (defined in the RFM or GDB file)
    100.32s ai_db.cpp 11388: While saving "F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\ModDev\Locations\LochDrummond\LochDrummond_Short\LochDrummond_Short.AIW", garage 2 for pit 1 was not valid
    100.32s ai_db.cpp 11389: This may be okay if 2 is less than the number sharing pit (defined in the RFM or GDB file)
    100.32s ai_db.cpp 11388: While saving "F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\ModDev\Locations\LochDrummond\LochDrummond_Short\LochDrummond_Short.AIW", garage 2 for pit 2 was not valid
    100.32s ai_db.cpp 11388: While saving "F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\ModDev\Locations\LochDrummond\LochDrummond_Short\LochDrummond_Short.AIW",
    garage 2 for pit 3 was not valid
    100.32s ai_db.cpp 11388: While saving "F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\ModDev\Locations\LochDrummond\LochDrummond_Short\LochDrummond_Short.AIW", garage 2 for pit 4 was not valid
    aso

Back to non-RC everything is fine

18. Diego Barjollo

Diego Barjollo Registered

No one miss the Delta Bar in the new HUD?

19. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Hi.
    Thanks for trying to help.
    I really have no idea whats going g on here. Never use discord for anything other than rf2. Screenshot_20230402-063139_Discord.jpg
    Thats what I see there now. Whichever way I swipe, I can't find any other channels lol.
    Even when I hit the browse channels button theres only 3.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Regards.

20. yashiman

yashiman Registered

Good Release Candidate for everytime. Thank you Studio 397.

BTW, Please tell me to change the format of the screenshot in the showroom.
    Now, I can get a JPG, but cannot PNG.
    My Player.JSON has this setting.
    upload_2023-4-2_21-9-43.png

20230402210148_1.jpg

Attached Files: