Q2 2023 Release Candidate Update is Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by John Ratcliff, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Diego Barjollo

Diego Barjollo Registered

I know how to use SIMHUB it's just i don't want to use it. I have modified the SHQM HUD and I would like to modify the S397 HUD.

Vanisch, ebeninca and Reiche like this.
  2. vonddo

vonddo Registered

This is pretty awesome! I'm aware how challenging it is to address AI behavior, and my previous experience with AI (barring any unintentional bugs) has been pretty acceptable to great. The issues, I often run into is AI pit strategy. I generally add a fuel multiplier to my relative short races to add a level of strategy to the races, and the results often give me an advantage. The other issue I run into is the AI being too fast or too slow and rarely just perfectly to enjoy great racing. Awhile back I suggested a variable setting that can be adjusted dynamically while in a session or even on track to scale the AI. As it is currently, I spend too much time experimenting to find a sweet spot.

Perhaps down the line AI blue flag and session type behavior can be addressed which would add more to the immersion.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

just spent 30 minutes watching AI circulate Le Mans. Two GT3 cars battled almost the entire time. The Merc was a tiny bit faster in a straight line than the BMW M4, but eventually the BMW made use of the slipstream to pass the Merc going into the 1st chicane.(it took maybe a half dozen laps) However, the faster Merc was able to also slipstream and retook the spot by the next chicane. PROPER RACING!!

DaREALMastaD, memoNo1, atomed and 3 others like this.
  4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Manfredk2 i believe is the same issue
    it just happened the AI on my computer didnt met another car and just went out of track but the problem is located there
    thanks for the info

5. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

I have enormous drop in performance with Pimax 8k x which makes the game practically unplayable. I hope the developers fix it before main release.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

So far is this only happening at the Daytona Roval?

7. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

I can confirm similar behavior with the BTCC cars at Sebring.

The cars enter pit lane. Then at about their pit box, they turn 90 degree right, but they can't straighten out. They then sit there sideways (right angle to pit direction) in the pit box for several seconds. They try first gear and turn one way, then reverse gear and turn a different way (front wheels), without actually moving. Eventually, they give up and spawn back to the garage.

8. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@davehenrie i notice this extreme pit exit only there but i ll test more tracks

davehenrie likes this.
  9. shiet

shiet Registered

It was time... for the AI update after many years of complaining. :) I hope people will test this thoroughly and report their feedback to the team. Unfortunately I sold my rig so I can't help in that now.
    Now it's time to do the same with oval AI racing. ;):rolleyes:

DaREALMastaD likes this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'll have to verify, but I've run out of time, at Sebring, with a 1hr practice session, everyone was in the pits after about 25 minutes and never came back out.
    I DO like the new HUD, the clarity is awesome.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
    ling likes this.
  11. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Yes, I'll confirm this with BTCC at Donington. Once they enter the pits, and fail in properly getting into their pit box, they never exit from the garage again. This is in a Practice session.

I'll also note, there have been plenty of prior issues with cars pitting in prior builds. For instance, at Brands Hatch, instead of going from the pits to a garage slot, many of the cars end up in a sort of parking lot/holding area at the back of the pits, close to the final corner (you can hear their engines idling there on some camera views). I don't believe any of those ever make it back out onto pit lane, either.

In fact, it seems liek the behavior is that it assumes when in a Practice session, all cars will return to garages, and then try to enter the track from those. This means they drive down behind the pit refueling rigs and in front of the garages in many cases, such as Laguna Seca, which is never done in real life. There are some tracks where cars just don't ever use the garages. And many cars/series, like IndyCar, even if there are garage spots, they are towed onto pit lane and always start from a pit box (Practice or Qualify) at all tracks.

12. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I also like the simpliciy and clarity of the new HUD, and it goes well with the new UI.

ling and coasting&cruising like this.
  13. CIP060

CIP060 Registered

If you don't want to use it then you have to settle for what the game doesn't offer

14. sampopel

sampopel Registered

My experience so far with the AI (based purely on about 6 races at Thruxton so far) is that they punt me off from behind more than ever. The AI in front of me regularly lift off or brake through the high speed corners around the back of the circuit, particularly when still fairly bunched in the first 2-3 laps, all courteously avoiding each other, so I have to lift off or brake to avoid running into them, but the AI behind me don't bother with such courtesy and run straight into me, spinning me off.

Will try some other circuits.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
  15. Diego Barjollo

Diego Barjollo Registered

Let's see, what is that you don't understand about the fact that the game has a mode (DevMode) in which you can modify almost anything. I could also modify the S397HUD if I had a 1920x1080 resolution but since I use a different one and the game doesn't allow me to change it, I'm asking a developer for the reason and a solution. I don't want to use SimHub or TinyPedal or Relative Overlay or Racelab, etc. Cause I don't want, as simple as that. Also my monitor use Gsync tech and when you use overlay windows over game, gsync doesn't work. You use what you want and don't come to tell the rest of us what we should use.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
    Vanisch and ebeninca like this.
  16. Duncan

Duncan Registered

I tried Monaco 88 and Azure tracks with F1 88 and F1 75 cars. Total disaster. Cars crashes in the first lap and they stay immobilized on the track. Unplayable.
    Reinstalled normal version and it works fine.

17. CIP060

CIP060 Registered

Stay calm these are the alternatives it's your problem how and what you use to play I use fullhd monitor 60 hertz fine and it's all who has more if you have to fix things

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Those with AI issues should check and report them on the #ai channel on discord (for better or worse, information and discussion is generally better/faster on there). Devin's said on there he's working on the AI pit issue mentioned above.

Emery and atomed like this.
  19. Hazi

Hazi Registered

I have similar problems with cars just not starting or crawling around the track - using Silverstone from the 86/88 mod ?? - maybe mod tracks problem because tried with new 992 Porsche and same outcome....

20. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

This reminds of when 1080p monitors first became a thing.
    Devs didn't want to update launchers, games, ui or anything from 1024x768. Was fugly times. Everytime I launch rf2 and see those black strips on either side of the ui it feels like I've teleported back to those dark days of gaming lol.

Hi for some reason I no longer see that channel. For the last couple days I can only see the announcements, release candidate, and gt challenge channels.

Regards.