Ian Bell lofty ambitions for new sim

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by green serpent, Jan 20, 2022.

1. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I know people might not like Pcars or Ian Bell (or Austin lol), but you've got to admit this does at least sound pretty interesting...

"I am talking about something that is so deep,something that takes the sim racing genre to a new level, it's going to be absolutely mind blowing" (talking about a supposed up coming game that has yet to start development).

Okay, we'll see ;)

IDK if I can embed the actual time but I'll try below. If not it's about from 2hr5min to 2hr11min

2. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Another scam for the 4th or 5th time by Mr. Ian Bell? No, thanks!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
  3. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

AO should stick to what he do best - ****ing off iRacing (and some sim racer guy) hateboner on the internet whilst Mr Bell pay him for more sim racing hate, the latest of Reiza

It's time people see through him and his BS. How many people remember that hack job he and his company did to complete their contract with Namco.

Bell once cried about how EA tried to poach his employees when should've known what to expect from Namco when they signed their 3 game contract - have we seen them and sim racing being put in the same sentence? Not like these gaming professionals not heard of Maximum Tune (a big arcade driving game franchise for those who don't know, based on a popular manga)

Call me cynical but in short, they learnt nothing from their EA days

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I Believe his 'groundbreaking' new concept is an AI Chat feature where built in computer voices simulate announcing a race IN REAL TIME. They have already released a demo tape of the idea, the Chat AI will react to passes for the lead, accidents, any number of incidents by responding using a huge pool of words to combine into logical sentences. Not canned comments like in a Madden Sports game. As far as the title's development time frame, I'd say parts of the team have been working for about a year, at least, while most of the devs have just recently been hired.

green serpent likes this.
  5. green serpent

green serpent Registered

It's a novel idea and I'm sure it'll be cool, but geez how much longer do we have to wait to see "the next big thing" in simracing? I was hoping it was going to be something more physics related. rF2 brought us physical flexing tyre, chassis flex, raw ffb, real road etc etc ten years ago. Rigs of rods/BeamNG gave us soft body physics. Other sims brought other things to the table too. There's been a lot of little innovations and improvements on existing ideas but nothing that's really moved things forward in a big way since rF2 first came out. Not really complaining, it'd just be cool to get blown away again like in the early days of rF2!

6. Emery

Emery Registered

A solid AI for single-player would go a long ways... Reiza is still struggling with the corner-cutting crap put into WMD. The only worse AI are the randomly weaving drunkards in AC.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

AC has an Aussie mode? OMG! :p

Emery and davehenrie like this.