Optimal Ride Height - Specific car

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by SulacoEEV, Mar 5, 2023.

1. SulacoEEV

SulacoEEV Registered

Hello here (who have the reference ?),

I take the F488 GT3 for exemple (but need to know for all GT3, LMP3 and other).
    I need to find what is the best car height to have the best absolute downforce.

Maybe there are an specifique rake for each cars like :
    Rear Ride Height [mm] - Front Ride Height[mm] = Rake [mm] = the_absolute_best_rake_for_maximum_downfore_for_this_specifique_car

Or a best angle between the front et the rear ride heigh ?

Where are the rFactor2 recommandations / references / requierements for each cars?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Other than information shared between online teammates, I do not know of a listing of 'optimum' rakes/ride heights.

3. Robin Pansar

Robin Pansar Member

To get the best ride heights for the most downforce you will have to look into the data of the car, either from physics files or on-track data.
    The game essentially has a bunch of parameters of various aero parts (front wing, underfloor, etc.) that'll determine the behaviour of the aerodynamics.

The general rule of thumb is that lower front always create more downforce because wing/splitter will have lower ground clearance. With the rear it can be a bit different. Sometimes running a flat rake is the best option, whilst in other scenarios you'd want a little bit of rake.

4. SulacoEEV

SulacoEEV Registered

Thanks for the information.
    So, for my next Setup, i will use :
    - my feeling and the particles of the flat bottom
    -"The general rule of thumb is that lower front always create more downforce because wing/splitter will have lower ground clearance. With the rear it can be a bit different. Sometimes running a flat rake is the best option, whilst in other scenarios you'd want a little bit of rake."

5. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

The most downforce is heights on minimal, front and back, but it's not guaranteed it will be the fastest setup, because the behavior matters too.

Starting on minimals, to change the behavior: raise only the rear you'll make the car oversteer, raise only the front it will understeer.

It's important to say that aero (rake + wings) have more influence on high speed corners.

6. Mordorsport Max

Mordorsport Max Registered

rFactor2 is a Physic-Tool. You need Motec I2 to get it.
    here is something in thermes of RideHight. I hope it will help a little bit! :) Aero.jpg

Abtrieb = Downforce in N
    Luftwiderstand = Drag in N
    Aero. Effizienz = Aerodynamic Efficiency
    Abtrieb vorne zu Abtrieb Hinten gesamt = Downforce Front in aspect Downforce Rear in %
    Fahrthöhe Vorne = Ridehide Front
    Fahrthöhe Hinten = Ridehide Rear

I'll give you an advice, start with something to really "calculate" it or "read out" the curves via Motec.

Gio Nuvoli and philrob like this.