Example plugin updated (#8)

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Lazza, Mar 8, 2023.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The question about the missing new example plugin got asked again some hours ago, and the wind must have been blowing in just the right direction this time as it actually got a response and a file update. The example plugin on this page is now updated: (the date isn't)

https://www.studio-397.com/modding-resources/

I've just checked and this does include the various changes included in the knockoutqualifying and stockcarrules updates (2017?), so this should be complete as of right now.

Latest changes: battery charge level, electric boost motor state and temperatures.

2. Gadget11

Gadget11 Registered

did you add ABS and TC active flags ?

3. Gadget11

Gadget11 Registered

i downloaded the source code and Visual studio

in the pdf it says

"Copy the plugin to the \rFactor\Plugins directory. A compiled version can be found in the \ExamplePlugin\VC7\Release directory"

there is no example.dll i can see in the download ??

i copied InternalsPlugin.dll to the ////bin64/plugins folder - what should happen when the car is driven ?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, ABS and TC are not added. Just what I mentioned above. A plugin can work those out though.

Not sure what the default plugin will output, should be 1-3 text files in your rF2 folder with some logged info.

This is for plugin developers though, not general users. Are you looking to code something?

5. Gadget11

Gadget11 Registered

I wrote a track map and telemetery recorder in Delphi a while ago but was unable to read the memory map correctly

i am re writing it in C++

it will also be used to trigger an ABS vibration motor

Lazza likes this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Gadget11 Ok, cool. I've seen users thinking this was something they could get something out of directly, so just wanted to ensure that wasn't the case.

I can't remember which outputs are switched on by default in the header files, but you should find some outputs. Turning them all on and building the plugin is a good start so you know your build process is correct, and the output helps illustrate the sequence of called functions.

7. Gadget11

Gadget11 Registered

I will add a form to the project and start to display data - i will share it when its complete :)

8. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Gadget11 likes this.